• 6(current)
Linux Minix Neo X8-H review
Is that a straight BD rip of Frozen? If so, it could be similar to a problem I had when I was testing Fire-TV. The problem (which apparently is android related) is that some full bit-rate rips will have bars/banding on the video every several seconds. I noticed it right away on a handful of titles I was testing with, including Gravity.

The Fire-TV crowd noted that from their perspective this was not a big deal since the problem could be resolved by re-encoding and compressing the MKV with handbrake.

To me that solution was unacceptable so I returned FTV (it's lack of VC1 support didn't help either).
(2014-07-10, 21:02)voip-ninja Wrote: Is that a straight BD rip of Frozen? If so, it could be similar to a problem I had when I was testing Fire-TV. The problem (which apparently is android related) is that some full bit-rate rips will have bars/banding on the video every several seconds. I noticed it right away on a handful of titles I was testing with, including Gravity.

The Fire-TV crowd noted that from their perspective this was not a big deal since the problem could be resolved by re-encoding and compressing the MKV with handbrake.

To me that solution was unacceptable so I returned FTV (it's lack of VC1 support didn't help either).

I think it is yes, I've tested several files and they all have it....very odd. Anyone else had this with an x8?
(2014-07-10, 20:14)jimihat Wrote: I've already sent a complaint to Minix regarding the IR functionality, no reply as yet.

Now here's a weird one. I have strange black bars covering the top and bottom of MOST of the picture on playback. Any ideas how to get rid of them? it's odd they they don't cover 100% of the width of the picture...

Same problem on MyGica boxes, and also x8
23,976 @1080p output was added to latest firmware
http://minixforums.com/threads/neo-x8-x8...post-56558
What's the deal with this price?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Minix-Neo-X8-H-Q...1365266399

People mention that it's usually ~$150. Is this legit on eBay? Safe to buy?
Feedback as a seller 0

Price is to good to be true!!
Yup, there is sucker born every minute, 85 of them already purchased ....
Hmm. Id be very careful..
I was thinking about buying one, but their arrogant behaviour towards their own customers in their forum and some of the bugs/issues are really off-putting.
For example, from what i've read so far, external drives are read-only.

Does anyone know if a Flirc can "bypass" the 11 button limit of their remote?
(2014-07-18, 22:16)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: I was thinking about buying one, but their arrogant behaviour towards their own customers in their forum and some of the bugs/issues are really off-putting.
For example, from what i've read so far, external drives are read-only.

Does anyone know if a Flirc can "bypass" the 11 button limit of their remote?

You are right about the terrible behavior and arrogance...
Flirc works fine on ATV582 that is using the same chipset and KK 4.4 so it will probably work fine.
anyone knows a quicker way to copy all xbmc folder(all repos/addons) from minix x7 to X8-H?
Quicker than what?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
by quicker i meant easier way
Easier than what?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-07-18, 23:18)ministerjee Wrote: anyone knows a quicker way to copy all xbmc folder(all repos/addons) from minix x7 to X8-H?

Depending on the size of your library its likely going to take awhile. The only other "way" besides using xbmc backup is manually copying folders with a file manager and I for one cannot say it's any quicker in my experience.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minix Neo X8-H review2