• 7(current)
Linux Minix Neo X8-H review
Rii® mini i25 2.4G Wireless Fly Air Mouse Keyboard Combo with IR Remote Control

has anyone had a play with this remote with the x8h?

Ebay link

looks kinda nice but is the functionality in xbmc oh k
(2014-07-10, 20:14)jimihat Wrote: I've already sent a complaint to Minix regarding the IR functionality, no reply as yet.

Now here's a weird one. I have strange black bars covering the top and bottom of MOST of the picture on playback. Any ideas how to get rid of them? it's odd they they don't cover 100% of the width of the picture...

has anyone figured how to fix the black bars issue? im having it in most of my movie videos of diferent kind.
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
I am fairly new to all these new box's but if the price range for this is around 160 why not just get a chrome box or something they are the same price and superior yes?
Or, if you really want Android apps, at this point, for $99, Amazon Fire TV is great. With release of Google approved Android TV boxes this Fall, there should be more choices.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
thanks, so xbmc backup would be the easiest tool to do this...as compared to looking for all repo/addon location paths in file explorer?

(2014-07-19, 04:09)majik12 Wrote: Depending on the size of your library its likely going to take awhile. The only other "way" besides using xbmc backup is manually copying folders with a file manager and I for one cannot say it's any quicker in my experience.
(2014-07-22, 20:31)ministerjee Wrote: thanks, so xbmc backup would be the easiest tool to do this...as compared to looking for all repo/addon location paths in file explorer?

(2014-07-19, 04:09)majik12 Wrote: Depending on the size of your library its likely going to take awhile. The only other "way" besides using xbmc backup is manually copying folders with a file manager and I for one cannot say it's any quicker in my experience.

Sorry this has gone OT. Oh yeah for sure, xbmc backup tool in invaluable for this. it'll even save your menu's the exact same way you had them so you can transfer it over to any number of devices. All addons, repo's and addon data is also saved. I swap back and forth from an android and PC without any issues at all with addons, skin settings etc.
well, i went with using es file explorer, and all is good now.
(2014-07-19, 04:09)majik12 Wrote: Sorry this has gone OT. Oh yeah for sure, xbmc backup tool in invaluable for this. it'll even save your menu's the exact same way you had them so you can transfer it over to any number of devices. All addons, repo's and addon data is also saved. I swap back and forth from an android and PC without any issues at all with addons, skin settings etc.

i m having another problem with my X8-H now, im connected via HDMI to my AVR (HDMI passthru is selected in minix settings), and minix 4K player shows DD/DTS playing on my AVR, but my xbmc does not show that?? is this common problem, or anyone know how to fix it.?? My xbmc audio setting only shows two settings to choose from, analog or digitalcoax /SPDIF. (note: im using the beyond XBMC version and not the minix xbmc version)
Set xbmc's settings level to expert.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Veronica, I have the same kind of problem you have.
It seems that happens when the UI of XBMC overlaps the UI of Minix display.

Try to adjust in Minix Settings the size of monitor to 80-90% depending of your tv to get an acceptable ratio.
And then in XBMC settings adjust again the video display to be on screen.

I think that this box can be even better, but firmware still have many bugs that need to be sorted out.

In my case, I can't get CEC working on my LG TV, also had problems with black bars, and don't feel that Wifi is exceptional, it's average even with the external antenna.
As somebody who's looking into getting his first box, is this a decent box to begin with ?

The (simple) tasks I'm looking forward to do are:
-Watch live TV/stream movies.
-Listen to online radio.
-Some simple web browsing.

Hopefully somebody is able to answer my question.

Thanks in advance !
(2014-07-24, 02:50)nickr Wrote: Set xbmc's settings level to expert.

there is no option for expert level in beyond xbmc audio settings. I switched to minix version of xbmc and i was able to see all the settings, hdmi passthru and transcoding is checked now, and if i play local file with DD/DTS audio using mininx xbmc player i do get to see DD/DTS on my AVR, but its not happening if i play something from inside xbmc (dont want to name repos here).. i tried many links even 720p with 5.1 audio.....sound comes good but no DD/DTS display on AVR...any ideas?
So you saying you get DD/DTS when playing local files within XBMC but not when playing internet streams? if so then it sounds like those internet streams don't have DD or DTS since XBMC makes no distinction between local & network files. If those are the type of dodgy addons that can't be discussed here then you'll have to go elsewhere to where those add-ons are supported, however if you enable debug logging and look for what you're playing, you should see what XBMC detects the audio properties to be.
thanks,it could be that issue, im still playing with new x8 i got just 2 days ago.. so just in testing phase right now.
(2014-07-24, 13:48)Halon2 Wrote: As somebody who's looking into getting his first box, is this a decent box to begin with ?

-Listen to online radio.

Thanks in advance !

Somebody that could help, maybe ? Huh
(2014-07-28, 13:30)Halon2 Wrote:
(2014-07-24, 13:48)Halon2 Wrote: As somebody who's looking into getting his first box, is this a decent box to begin with ?

-Listen to online radio.

Thanks in advance !

Somebody that could help, maybe ? Huh

Oh definitely! That's an easy one to answer! Xbmc has access to thousands of live radio streams using add-ons. Live TV/streams are possible too. And I imagine web browsing would be great as well, ideally with Minix's AirMouse IMO. Or you could just use a USB or wireless keyboard/mouse. Androids great like that (letting you use USB devices). There a few videos now on YouTube demo'ing the x8-h in action.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minix Neo X8-H review2