• 8(current)
Linux Minix Neo X8-H review
(2014-07-29, 00:35)PantsOnFire Wrote:
(2014-07-28, 13:30)Halon2 Wrote:
(2014-07-24, 13:48)Halon2 Wrote: As somebody who's looking into getting his first box, is this a decent box to begin with ?

The (simple) tasks I'm looking forward to do are:
-Watch live TV/stream movies.
-Listen to online radio.
-Some simple web browsing.

Hopefully somebody is able to answer my question.

Thanks in advance !

Somebody that could help, maybe ? Huh

Oh definitely! That's an easy one to answer! Xbmc has access to thousands of live radio streams using add-ons. Live TV/streams are possible too. And I imagine web browsing would be great as well, ideally with Minix's AirMouse IMO. Or you could just use a USB or wireless keyboard/mouse. Androids great like that (letting you use USB devices). There a few videos now on YouTube demo'ing the x8-h in action.

Thanks a lot !
Going to order one in a couple of days, hopefully I can make it work properly.
(2014-07-24, 11:17)Mafarricos Wrote: Veronica, I have the same kind of problem you have.
It seems that happens when the UI of XBMC overlaps the UI of Minix display.

Try to adjust in Minix Settings the size of monitor to 80-90% depending of your tv to get an acceptable ratio.
And then in XBMC settings adjust again the video display to be on screen.

I think that this box can be even better, but firmware still have many bugs that need to be sorted out.

In my case, I can't get CEC working on my LG TV, also had problems with black bars, and don't feel that Wifi is exceptional, it's average even with the external antenna.

thanks, so are the black bars gone for you? what setting within xbmc do i have to adjust/change exactly?, there are many options and don't know exactly where to look at.

90% is my display position. I own a tronsmart vega s89 eite.
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
(2014-07-30, 01:48)Halon2 Wrote:
(2014-07-29, 00:35)PantsOnFire Wrote:
(2014-07-28, 13:30)Halon2 Wrote: Somebody that could help, maybe ? Huh

Oh definitely! That's an easy one to answer! Xbmc has access to thousands of live radio streams using add-ons. Live TV/streams are possible too. And I imagine web browsing would be great as well, ideally with Minix's AirMouse IMO. Or you could just use a USB or wireless keyboard/mouse. Androids great like that (letting you use USB devices). There a few videos now on YouTube demo'ing the x8-h in action.

Thanks a lot !
Going to order one in a couple of days, hopefully I can make it work properly.

yes this kind of boxes can do the job but if you also need support for dolby and dts audio then get a -H box if you don't need any of that and not planning to then get a cheaper version.
All round boxes like tronsmart vega, beelink M8 and S82 have better support, there is more developing going because a firmware of any of them can run in all other rounded boxes with S802/S802-H/S802-B chips and are cheaper than any Minix box of the same kind.

you should check freaktab.com to see the pros and cons:
http://www.freaktab.com/forumdisplay.php...TV-Players

Also you can use android apps to listen to internet radio not just with xbmc addons plus you can access android apps within xbmc, so you can pick what to use and where to use it.

There are many different browsers in the play store to pick from, some suppport flash others only support html5, but there is a hacked flash app for kit kat that works with specific browers.
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
Hi Folks, I am new to this forum, So excuse my ignorance

Some posts back someone mentioned the Rii mini i25 remote
remote, has anyone used it successfully with the Minix Neo X8-H

Or if not can anyone recommend a better remote than the supplied m1 remote with a keyboard

Am I correct in saying the radio (Connectivity:
Wireless) controller remote are not line of sight,

One final question : In Xbmc the on screen keyboard is clunky. Is there anyway XBMC will present the Android keyboard (Stock , Swiftkey etc)

Thanks
(2014-06-02, 09:27)Phoenex Wrote:
(2014-06-02, 03:59)Dagger17 Wrote: Does this box differ much from the Neo X7?

The are quite a few differences, the biggest being a switch from RockChip to AMLogic , more advanced CPU. big change in GPU going from a quad core Mali-400 to an octo core Mali-450 to name a few. According to the review, full hardware decode all the way up to 4k2k using the Minix custom XBMC on day one. There is a ton of information on the web about the differences that I won't place in this post, Google is your friend.Nod

the chip is AmlogicS802?
Can anyone comment if this device will play GAPLESS audio (mp3, Apple Lossless) and also GAPLESS support for FLAC 5.1 ?
(2014-09-08, 16:22)keiron99 Wrote: Can anyone comment if this device will play GAPLESS audio (mp3, Apple Lossless) and also GAPLESS support for FLAC 5.1 ?

This is an Android device so that functionality can be achieved with android apps that are capable of that, like Poweramp from the Google Play Store.
Bought the neo x8-h today was working for about 30mins. Now in the network settings menu its saying internet busy.

Any help pls
Isn't that an operating system setting? IE nothing to do with XBMC?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi folks,

I've recently bought a Minix Neo X8-H and I'm still learning..

I have managed to share a folder on my Mac (or, rather, hackintosh) and via both SMB and AFP and, via both protocols, XBMC on the X8-H can "see" my shared folder and the files within it.

Problem is, most of my movies won't play.

I have a mix of MP4 videos and DVD ISOs. One or two MP4 videos will play, the rest won't. One DVD ISO will play, the rest won't. This is the same whether I choose to access the files via SMB or AFP.

What could be wrong? Any help greatly appreciated.
Welcome to XBMC Forums.

Please read this link debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-09-18, 21:52)nickr Wrote: Welcome to XBMC Forums.

Thank you.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=297589
(2014-09-03, 12:04)dali211 Wrote:
(2014-06-02, 09:27)Phoenex Wrote:
(2014-06-02, 03:59)Dagger17 Wrote: Does this box differ much from the Neo X7?

The are quite a few differences, the biggest being a switch from RockChip to AMLogic , more advanced CPU. big change in GPU going from a quad core Mali-400 to an octo core Mali-450 to name a few. According to the review, full hardware decode all the way up to 4k2k using the Minix custom XBMC on day one. There is a ton of information on the web about the differences that I won't place in this post, Google is your friend.Nod

the chip is AmlogicS802?

Links with all kinds of info on the first post.
(2014-09-19, 12:57)Kotek Besar Wrote:
(2014-09-18, 21:52)nickr Wrote: Welcome to XBMC Forums.

Thank you.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=297589

Those errors make it look like you are using Apple's SMB. It's been wrought with compatibility issues since 10.7 so best to just ditch it and go AFP only or setup NFS. If you must use SMB then check out SMBUp.

If you have the same issues with AFP as your post indicates best to do another debug log where you use AFP since this log has no mention of AFP, only SMB which has known issues on a Mac.
(2014-06-01, 02:02)Phoenex Wrote:
(2014-06-01, 01:25)nickr Wrote: The gpl requires them to release their modified xbmc source code.

I have no idea about XBMC gpl, perhaps you can contact Minix? I am only a potential customer looking for a powerful Android t.v. box that will work very good without major issues. I know that others are looking for the same so I created this thread. I have not ordered one myself yet. Time and testing will tell, perhaps this is the one many are looking for.

MiniX Neo X8/X8-H quad core android tv box have new firmware now: MINIX NEO X8/X8-H 20140809 (002 beta 8) 4.4.2 firmware, which has special improvement for XBMC: http://www.iandroidtvbox.com/blog/the-la...-firmware/
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minix Neo X8-H review2