• 11(current)
Linux Minix Neo X8-H review
What ever the model number is if it has a quad core cortex A17 and a quad core Mali T764 GPU is that a nice setup for kodi and 4k content
(2015-07-17, 16:24)sandogo1 Wrote: What ever the model number is if it has a quad core cortex A17 and a quad core Mali T764 GPU is that a nice setup for kodi and 4k content

1.) RK3288 decoder is broken and we are unlikely to see a fix, that's why we never launched it for retail market.
2.) RK3288 doesn't not run well with Kodi, that's why we never launched it for retail market.

For digital signage purpose, it's fine. X88-i is for industrial segment.

Hope these have answered your questions.
Is that only a problem with the 4k content only or something else that is the problem
(2015-07-18, 12:54)sandogo1 Wrote: Is that only a problem with the 4k content only or something else that is the problem

Not only 4K... 23.976fps...etc.
Just got my x8 h plus yesterday and going the the setup where should I have the red set to in the x8 if I have it set to auto it to goes to 720 I have a 55 Samsung 4k TV .. Should I leave it on auto or switch it to 4k on the x8
Join the MINIX forum and you will likely get an answer to this device specific question a lot quicker.

Questions about their Custom MINIX XBMC 13.3.3 version should also be asked over there as well.

should i use the minic xbmc or should i just dl the new ver of kodi
All the answers are over on MINIX forums.
Just try 'em out. MINIX XBMC will not be overwritten by the Kodi Isengard if you install that, they can co-exist.

China Price gives you the opportunity to compare the characteristics of the X8-h plus with other models of the company Minix, or with products from other manufacturers. You can compare prices TV boxes more than 20 Chinese stores to sort at the lower shipping cost or free shipping.
You can check it more at http://es.china-prices.com/tvbox/5913/minix-x8-h-plus
Looks like the badgering / whining / harping / annoying / not so subtle criticism of MINIX by users of the X8-H Plus (AML S812-H) has payed off and MINIX have released Beta Android Lollipop 5.1.1 Firmware for X8-H Plus users:

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x8-h-p...017.16633/

So they can now do a straight install of Kodi Krypton from the Playstore.

(2017-05-31, 07:27)wrxtasy Wrote: Looks like the badgering / whining / harping / annoying / not so subtle criticism of MINIX by users of the X8-H Plus (AML S812-H) has payed off and MINIX have released Beta Android Lollipop 5.1.1 Firmware for X8-H Plus users:

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x8-h-p...017.16633/

So they can now do a straight install of Kodi Krypton from the Playstore.
I can say that it's not entirely true. We met with minix several times and it's simply the fault of amlogic not getting a sdk updated for these devices that there was no lollipop version. So minix spend a lot of time trying theirselves to get this done as courtesy to their users.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I'm only repeating what the mainstream X8-H Plus users were saying, those who no nothing of what goes on behind the scenes - and care little about what AMLogic do anyway.
They paid decent money to MINIX and wanted Android upgrade support for Kodi Krypton - which they have now received Wink

Easier X8-H Plus Android OS upgrading using a SD card

• 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minix Neo X8-H review2