• 37(current)
Release Kodi Screen Reader (Text to speech)
Hey Ruuk, did you pull the option to select speech server? I finally getting to mess with android, I installed Kodi and the Kodi TTS on it, however, there is no option to select any different speech options.
@Edit, So yeah the option is still there, however, On android when I select "Default TTS engine", Nothing happens. I had to manually configure the option in the config files.
(2017-11-03, 01:59)Traker1001 Wrote: Hey Ruuk, did you pull the option to select speech server? I finally getting to mess with android, I installed Kodi and the Kodi TTS on it, however, there is no option to select any different speech options.

(2017-11-03, 02:42)Traker1001 Wrote: @Edit, So yeah the option is still there, however, On android when I select "Default TTS engine", Nothing happens. I had to manually configure the option in the config files.

Yeah, I didn't remove anything except the broken Google and SpeechUtil.com options. Sounds like maybe there is a bug. I'll look at it.
Hi there everybody! I'm Ugljesa, from Serbia, and I'm new at these forums. First, good job Ruuk for making Kodi accessible to screen reader users! Sorry if making a double post, has something been fixed to the xbnc.tts installer, for using with Kodi 17? If I try to install the addon, it gets stuck on the 404 error, file not found. Possible to fix it? Thanks and kind regards!
Information 
Added a new version to the Kodi official repo: 1.0.8

Changes:
  • Now defaults to outputting direct through SAPI - was crashing on Windows when playing speech via XBMC
  • Add spanish translation - thanks to bcernesto

Also updated the installer HERE for the latest Kodi version and the latest add-on version. (@Ugljesa)
Hello!

Thanks a lot for a quick update! The installer seems to work now, at least it comes to the finish. But when I launch Kodi NVDA is still not speaking anything. Sorry, I'm new to these stuff with Kodi.
Hey all.
I'm new to Kody.
Ruuk, the link which you gave to @ugi93 doesn't work, there I can't find the installer for the latest version of kody screen reader. Could anyone give me a direct link for the latest installer?
I just tested the link and it seems to work fine. On this page is a link to a Windows installer for Kodi with the latest version of the add-on. For other platforms you need to install Kodi normally and then install the add-on from the official repo from within Kodi which unfortunately means you need someone who can visually see the screen.
Hello!

I'm also confirming that the link is functioning properly. The addon download is fine.
I downloaded and installed the add-on. When I open kodi, and navigate with arrows, some sounds are heard, but no speech comes. I tried pressing f12 to activate the add-on, and it gave no results
I believe if you already have Kodi installed before running the installer it won't work. Is that possibly the case?
Hi! As I found out, the best way to enable the addon is to do it with sighted assistance. Ruuk if I'm not right, feel free to correct me.
When I install kodi through screen reader installer, at the end of kodi installer, there's a checkbox which says to run kodi or not. Should kodi be running during screen reader installation afterwards?
I mean, after kodi is installed through screen reader installer, there's the option to run Kodi. Should I check this box to run kodi during the screen reader finishes installing?
(2017-11-19, 17:05)chrisstefanovski Wrote: I mean, after kodi is installed through screen reader installer, there's the option to run Kodi. Should I check this box to run kodi during the screen reader finishes installing?
This is probably not a good idea, though I haven't tested it. You normally can't just add an add-on after Kodi is installed by manually installing it outside of Kodi. This installer installs the add-on into the application directory rather than the user profile directory so that may be the difference, but it's is also likely that installing it before Kodi starts for the first time is also vital.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Screen Reader (Text to speech)10