• 9(current)
[MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC
Is there a way to manage profiles from mysql, lets supposed I have 4 tv boxes with kodi installed, each box has his own none master profile example: user1, user2, etc. what i want is to have all the profiles on a database and disable their profile so that person wont be able to login to kodi. Thanks in advance
(2015-06-14, 09:38)papirri2 Wrote: Is there a way to manage profiles from mysql, lets supposed I have 4 tv boxes with kodi installed, each box has his own none master profile example: user1, user2, etc. what i want is to have all the profiles on a database and disable their profile so that person wont be able to login to kodi. Thanks in advance
I don't know the answer, but I sense a user with children LOL.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-06-14, 09:38)papirri2 Wrote: Is there a way to manage profiles from mysql, lets supposed I have 4 tv boxes with kodi installed, each box has his own none master profile example: user1, user2, etc. what i want is to have all the profiles on a database and disable their profile so that person wont be able to login to kodi. Thanks in advance
Check out emby for kodi. It makes a great replacement for mysql and can make it easy to manage profiles with even parental control.
Very awesome
Thanks for posting this
It's Very Important
how much different would this guide be to getting it setup on a synology nas?
@freddy12, as long as you can acces mysql command line, or better yet, phpmyadmin, there´s no difference at all, you just need to execute the commands on mysql, as stated a couple pages back.
I myself am running on a dlink nas which has mysql and phpmyadmin (where I set up everything) and is running great with 6 databases.
Awesome! Thank you!
Has anyone looked into what's needed to update this to Isengard?
Don't know anything about mysql to do it myself.
Thanks.
(2015-01-24, 12:08)Nogler Wrote: @BigMong Thank you. It's working now Smile

@all

New Setup:

create a file called advancedsettings.xml in .kodi/userdata/ and insert following content:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.2.2</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
    <name>a</name>
  </videodatabase>
  <musicdatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.2.2</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
    <name>a</name>
  </musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

-Replace user, pass and host whit your mysql settings.
-Restart kodi
-Kodi creates a new database called a90
-Use your favorite mysql editor and insert the code from link http://pastebin.com/0VNB9DmV
-Execute for each database the code provided from BigMong (first fix not needed)
-Done

Existing setup:
-Make a database backup for each profile(single file) in System->Video->Library->Export Library (You may need to change settings level to expert)
-Rename the database a78 to something like aa78 (because kodi will attempt to upgrade the a78 to a90 and that will fail)
-Update to kodi
-Follow instructions new setup
-For each profile import the backup (System->Video->Library->Import Library)
-Done

To change from a profile to b profile change
<name>a</name> to <name>b</name> in advancedsettings.xml

Enjoy Smile

Do you export/import the library for the master or do you export/import it from a slave?
(2015-07-15, 08:00)masterxilef Wrote: Has anyone looked into what's needed to update this to Isengard?
Don't know anything about mysql to do it myself.
Thanks.

Would like to know that to, anyone?
The same from my end...I have this setup running under Kodi 14.2. What do I need to do to be able to still use this setup under 15 Isengard?
Awesome. Really thankful that you are working on a update for Helix. I would like to thank the team very much for both the erasing product and fast answers they provided to my incredible requests. Definitely worth the money and great value.
Edit: I forgot a step. It works now
I upgraded to Isengard on the server as a testcase and databases are not updated.
I have entered "GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'kodi';" in the mySQL command line upfront of the upgrade just to be sure.
Now I tried to use Noglers instruction for the existing setup but the database back up for each profile is not working fine. If I review the back up location, not everything is in there...I have 760 movies but in the back up folder I only find details of 50.
Is there a different way to upgrade and convert/update the existing database? I don't want to have this problem everytime there is a new version....the family is going to ban me and my mediasystems in that case. Smile

I only know mySQL from what I can find in the wiki and forum, I have no further experience with it...any tips or tricks would be appreciated big time.
After some further tests I think the back ups are fine but I see that Isengard has different databases, therefor I assume this means that the code from link http://pastebin.com/0VNB9DmV is not working for this upgrade.

Just to be sure I don't make one big mess of it, I'll wait for confirmation on the correct approach.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC5