• 18(current)
[MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC
(2017-04-11, 13:18)Smasher Wrote: Thanks again.

I already have several profiles/databases, like Kids and some others.
They have "name tag" in advancedsettings.xml"

No problems there. They work perfectly.

All use the same username and password : xbmc (old mysql setup)

So when I copy myvideos107 to a new name, I don't understand why the user "xbmc" dont have proper permissions to the new database.

Depends how the user was given access it wont auto propagate to new databases
Can someone / has someone made a start to finish guide for doing this with Kodi 17?
Please!

I am currently using emby and it is terrible. Every whenever it feels like it, it imports shows and movies from other users and makes a jumbled mess. When I used the single user MySQL setup it was flawless (other than no transcoding)
(2017-06-22, 03:35)opinionatedrone Wrote: Can someone / has someone made a start to finish guide for doing this with Kodi 17?
Please!

I am currently using emby and it is terrible. Every whenever it feels like it, it imports shows and movies from other users and makes a jumbled mess. When I used the single user MySQL setup it was flawless (other than no transcoding)

Here it is back from post 234
2515045 (post)
Thanks BigMong

I have update the first post with that information.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-06-22, 13:17)Karellen Wrote: Thanks BigMong

I have update the first post with that information.

Awesome thank you,
I sort of hi-jacked this post, or you could say just continued the work.
Thanks BigMong, I'm really surprised this thread is still active.
Check Out My 5 User XBMC Tutorial
If i have helped you please REP+
So, I read the post, but what do I do with this code? Somehow enter it into my mysql database?
(2017-06-30, 23:28)opinionatedrone Wrote: So, I read the post, but what do I do with this code? Somehow enter it into my mysql database?

Yeah its done within your PHPMyAdmin, MYSQL Workbench, MYSQL CLI

I never went into detail on how todo this as if your running SQL you should know the basics
When I get some time I can look at doing something up
Yeah it was pretty strait forward once i worked it out. Copy and paste into phpMyAdmin SQL query window then hit the GO button. Had an error then copied all but the top 3 lines (Commented lines) and it worked like a charm.
Hi, 

Thanks for the good work!
@BigMong do you think the last version of your mysql multiple users installation can work with Kodi last version? Leia?
Awesome tutorial! Just need to be extra careful and backup the db first Smile
Thanks for the guide for 17.  Seems to be working well enough after I gave up thinking I was smart enough to update the script with my own names and just went with the original script with the original sql user.  Just in time for 18 to roll out Tongue
Have the Devs still not made database sharing other than via UPNP intregrated into the latest version of Kodi? We still need to do this complicated MySQL thing?? Must never be happening at this stage. Must be too hard to do or require a full rewrite of the Library code and they believe that UPNP is good enough for most who probably just have a PC Kodi install and a Kodi box under their TV. Sucks for us with 6 Kodi machines in our house! ;-)
XBMC installation issue on my android device. how to fix ?
@ashwinparkar

We have very little patience with forum user who, for whatever reason, post prank or other useless messages.
Either follow the forum etiquette or your stay here will be a very short one.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC5