•   
  • 22(current)
[MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC
Is there any full setup guide that cover it all from a fully set MySQL database (already working) and Kodi 18? I mean, something beginner friendly that explain the process... I got kinda lost on the Kodi Leia "update" post.

Cheers!
(2017-02-03, 09:48)BigMong Wrote: Update: Database Version 116 [aka Leia]
this helped so much. thank you!!

for now we share 1 set of stats - content is segregated by tags: wife, kid

in our primary DB - we add/remove the kids tag using context.manageTags ( shameless plug Tongue

the 2nd-db is now safe for a 4yr old 

ex: 
CREATE ALGORITHM=MERGE DEFINER=`xbmc`@`%` SQL SECURITY DEFINER VIEW `episode` AS
  SELECT x.*
  FROM `xbmcvid116`.`episode` x
  LEFT JOIN `xbmcvid116`.`tag_link` tl
  ON ( x.idShow = tl.media_id AND tl.media_type = "tvshow" )
  WHERE tl.tag_id=2 ;
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
Currently having an issue where I changed scrapper from thetvdb the themoviedb because the former was no longer scrapping (and in the past i've been told by people on this forum to move to themoviedb so decided to finally make the move). 

Everything worked fine except for two shows, Family Guy and Doctor Who, I found the error is that the c06 column is too small in the post here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340933

I tried to run the command suggested on my tables

'ALTER TABLE Kodi_U01_Video_116.tvshow MODIFY COLUMN c06 mediumtext DEFAULT NULL NULL'

but it's throwing an error 

#1347 - 'Kodi_U01_Video_116.tvshow' is not of type 'BASE TABLE'

I'm guessing that because of the nature of the multiple tables setup, something isn't quite right, and I need a different command?
Apologies, ignore me, I didn't understand what a 'view' was, I ran 'ALTER TABLE Kodi_U01_Video_116.global_tvshow MODIFY COLUMN c06 mediumtext DEFAULT NULL NULL' and everything seems to be working fine Big Grin
(2020-01-25, 15:52)LikeTearsInTheRain Wrote: Apologies, ignore me, I didn't understand what a 'view' was, I ran 'ALTER TABLE Kodi_U01_Video_116.global_tvshow MODIFY COLUMN c06 mediumtext DEFAULT NULL NULL' and everything seems to be working fine Big Grin

Ahh awesome I was about to say you need to do it to the table not the view Smile

The column type that are set in this edit are the defaults.
When I get to moving to the TheMovieDB for my TV Show info I will look into this but I'm not happy with the data that come from TheMovieDB for TV Shows,
and I will need to rename a huge amount of my collection.

But this will be helpful for later thank you.
I wanted to ask, I noticed 18.7 stable has been released, is it safe to update to this client? I've disabled auto updating incase any updates might corrupt my database.
(2020-05-22, 13:21)LikeTearsInTheRain Wrote: I wanted to ask, I noticed 18.7 stable has been released, is it safe to update to this client? I've disabled auto updating incase any updates might corrupt my database.

Looking at Databases (wiki) the database is still 116 so it should be fine, I havn't updated but will when LibreELEC update.
The version of the database table don't normally change for minor updates only on major 16.x, 17.x, 18.x, etc.

I wont look at v19 - Matrix till it's in an RC build
Gotcha, thanks dude!
  •   
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC5
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.