Volume low since Gotham upgrade
Hey there

Since I've upgraded to Gotham, the sound volume for everything I play is much lower than before. I haven't changed any settings. I have to crank up my speaker extremely just to hear to movie normally.
The only thing I can do is going to the audio options of the individual movie and raise the decibel by 8-10.

Does anybody know why this could be the case or how I can set the volume louder again on all movies just as it was with Frodo?

I don't want to manually change the decibel for each movie.
[CPU] Intel i3 3220, 2x 3.30GHz Ivy Bridge [CASE] Silverstone SST-ML03B [PSU] Silverstone SST-ST40F-ES Strider Series - 400W [MB] Asrock H77M, Intel H77 [RAM] Corsair DDR3 1600MHz 4GB PC12800 XMS3
[SSD] 60GB Corsair FORCE SATA 3 [STORAGE] QNAP 469L [REMOTE] FLIRC Dongle with Logitech Harmony One [OS] Win 10 Home 64bit
XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Audio output -> enable "Normalize levels on downmix"
(2014-06-03, 07:23)Ned Scott Wrote: XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Audio output -> enable "Normalize levels on downmix"

I didn't find the option first because I use the Aeon Nox skin, somehow I can't switch to advanced mode yet with that skin.

After changing to confluence, I unfortunately saw that the "Normalize levels on downmix" option was already enabled.
Any other ideas?
[CPU] Intel i3 3220, 2x 3.30GHz Ivy Bridge [CASE] Silverstone SST-ML03B [PSU] Silverstone SST-ST40F-ES Strider Series - 400W [MB] Asrock H77M, Intel H77 [RAM] Corsair DDR3 1600MHz 4GB PC12800 XMS3
[SSD] 60GB Corsair FORCE SATA 3 [STORAGE] QNAP 469L [REMOTE] FLIRC Dongle with Logitech Harmony One [OS] Win 10 Home 64bit
Hmm, not sure
(2014-06-03, 21:55)ecopsorn Wrote:
(2014-06-03, 07:23)Ned Scott Wrote: XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Audio output -> enable "Normalize levels on downmix"

I didn't find the option first because I use the Aeon Nox skin, somehow I can't switch to advanced mode yet with that skin.

After changing to confluence, I unfortunately saw that the "Normalize levels on downmix" option was already enabled.
Any other ideas?
Normalize levels on downmix should be disabled for louder volume, not enabled. (This is opposite to Frodo)

It also only affects audio that is downmixed to stereo (as the description suggests) so if you're using AC3/DTS pass through it won't affect those.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
I guess it depends on what is going on in the audio track. It seems louder to me when I'm listening to just characters talking, or some light background music. Everything gets slightly compressed, though, both above and below a certain point, if I understand correctly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Volume low since Gotham upgrade0