Information Page not working for movies anymore!
Hi guys,

I recently installed a fresh copy of Gotham beta release, i think its RC1.

Now I'm having a problem, when i go to a movie and press 'i' i can not get the information page to display, even if i press enter on a movie it goes straight to playing the movie. Yes i have selected it in the settings to go to info page, but its being ignored!

Wierdly, it works fine for TV shows. When i was on Frodo earlier it worked fine for movies, so not sure whats wrong!?!

Im running it on windows 7, I've tried all the different skins. But mainly use Aeon Nox.

Anyone have any idea as to what could be wrong?

Thanks.
A source probably got the scraper setting unset, which seems to be a bug we haven't totally identified yet. Go to your movie source and check the context menu, it will probably say "set content" instead of "change content". Just set the scraper again, you don't have to scan anything, and it should work again.
@ned thanks so much you are a life saver!! Wasted countless amount of time trying to get this to work yesterday Sad Works perfectly after your tip.

Really loving Gotham, love the 3D options inside it - its a life saver, as i don't need two versions of every film anymore, i can now just keep the 3D copy and convert it to 2D on the fly should i not want to watch in 3D!!!

Skins are a mixed bag, i generally only really use Aeon Nox, always have! But this time somethings are improved, but also a lot of customisation options have been taken away Sad which was disappointing!

Help with one other thing:
One other thing i just can not work out is how to get my Music library to work anymore?!? In settings i can not find the music library anywhere, i think it could be a directory link in the sources file under user data? I was earlier using my iTunes library but at the moment no music can be found whatsoever!!!!
You mean it just completely disappeared when you updated to Gotham? Or is this also with a fresh install?
Hi again Ned,

I actually installed a fresh copy but copied across some files from my userdata folder suchh as playlists, favourites, sources etc...

It just seems like im missing something simple to get the music to work! At the moment the music section is just appearing empty, because im using my itunes library folder im not expected to install some sort of plugin/addon am i?
Nah, it should work just fine scanning an iTunes folder by default. Music is a bit odd in XBMC. See if toggling the "Library mode" switch does anything.
Where is this library mode switch? Is that within the music section that i get to from the main menu?

One other thing, how do you set the music directory default folder? I can not find it anywhere in xbmc settings panel?!?
In the default Confluence skin it should be in the lefthand sidebar menu while you are in the music section. You should be able to set directories for scanning by bringing up the context menu and choosing scan.
Some Good News but still not really found a solution Sad

Toggling the Library mode like you suggested worked in showing me the sources etc for the music library folders.

However, i assign a content in my music folder, then i do a scan to add the items to my library. I also bring up the context menu on the root folder and choose Set As Default.

The scanning seems to be working, cause i can see it going through all my music folders etc... but the end result is nothing!

No music is added back to my library, i can only access it by browsing through the music directory. But in Frodo i had them all added to my xbmc library etc... I now also can not re-enable the Library mode, it is faded out!

One last thing, I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not, I'm using SQL database (mariaDB) on my Synology NAS that my XBMC is hooked up with, it was like this in Frodo aswell and i used it again in Gotham.
You should probably post a debug log (wiki).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Information Page not working for movies anymore!0