Req Password request for adult movie
Hello,
I've some adult movies on my server and I don't want that my kids see them

I know the solution with different profiles, but I don't find this is a good solution, because my client is 24/7.

A good solution for me is, that xbmc make a password request if I open the adult movies in the video section. Is it possible? Perhaps with custom video nodes?
AsRock Q1900DC - SanDisk SSD 64GB - Crucial 2x 4GB - Streacom F1C EVO (Futaba M166A Display, YARD2) - BluRay Panasonic UJ-265
Do you know you can have different media sources in each profile? If your adult content is on a specific folder and you also have a separate folder for movies/series, you can have the general profile to use the movie/series folders and the adult profile to just use the adult folder. For example, I would configure your server like the following:
Code:
/shared_folder/Movies <= Movies go here
/shared_folder/Series <= Series go here
/shared_folder/Adult <= Adult content go here

Then in XBMC, in the master profile, you add /shared_folder/Movies and /shared_folder/Series as the video sources. Later you create a new, password protected, Adult profile with separate media info and media sources and you add /shared_folder/Adult as its video source. That way you have both profiles independent and separated and you have a password protected adult content.

Your kids can watch all the content in Movies and Series folders and when you want to watch adult content you just need to switch to the Adult profile. Just remember to switch back to the Master profile...
Master Lock. Read from #7 down.
@silamo
I'm looking for a solution without fodder Different profiles

@helta
I will read this, thx
AsRock Q1900DC - SanDisk SSD 64GB - Crucial 2x 4GB - Streacom F1C EVO (Futaba M166A Display, YARD2) - BluRay Panasonic UJ-265
noxx2: the lock method works really well. when the lock is on (say when your kids are browsing the library), the source that you set the lock on will not be visable. even the posters won't show up, so you don't have to worry about them seeing anything inappropriate from your poster art or anything.

take the lock off, and it integrates right back into the library as if it had been there all along.
I've try it. I think that can run. Is it possible to lock a custom video node?
Sources for sure....... but I don't think it can for nodes.

Does your movie source contain both adult + kid friendly stuff?

You should split your files into 2 different sources. Much easier to deal with.
yes, i ve 2 different folders. it works with the master lock, but

a) only for sources, not possible to lock custom video nodes

b) when I leave a unlocked source, the source remains unlocked.
i must reactivate the lock. i would find it better if the source is automatically locked if i leave it
How is it supposed to know if you have left it though? Unless you are specifically talking about viewing your source through the file view and not the library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Password request for adult movie0