Bug Changing scraper settings for TV shows
Hello.

Some french users have set up too quickly their TV shows source and didn't change language to FR in TheTVDB addon.

So TV shows are scrapped in English :

and have english informations :

But if they edit source then scraper setting and set language to FR.

And refresh TV show, it seems that XBMC still use old settings and continue scrap in English :

When I look into path table in database, settings are changed from EN to FR in strSettings field :

If I erase the source and re set it with FR language in TheTVDB settings, everything is OK :

Those tests are made on a fresh XBMC 13.0 beta 2 install but the weird think is that I have made some test on my HTPC at home with MySQL centralized database.

Through PHPMyAdmin, I have check path table and found strSettings with language="EN" for every TV show path. After editing strSettings to set language to FR, scraping is OK.
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
This is due to wrong caching in metadata.tvdb.com. I will fix and push an update later today.
Thanks a lot for the detailed bug report Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks you so much for this really quick answer (and fix).

I was also thinking about caching problems because, as I'm testing on Windows in portable mode, I always erase my userdata folder and this morning, I had some FR scrap with TheTVDB language set to EN. As i'm doing my tests at my office, I thought it was due to proxy cache or some thing like that.

You will make somes french users happy Wink

Just see email from Martijn for release 1.5.7 on GITHUB.

I have apply your patch to my 1.5.6 release addon and everything is OK !!!

Thanks so much.

Great Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
One of our french user was still facing the problem (scraper set to use FR language, XML cache files erased but when refreshing metadata, TV show is scraped in EN).

He send me is myvideos78.db and each TV show was present in path table with scrapper settings set to EN :

After fixing his myvideos78.db, every thing is OK.

Don't know why XBMC stored scraper settings for each TV show. I was unable to reproduce this behaviour with fresh XBMC 13 install. Maybe it's due to migration from XBMC 12 to 13, as I had the same behaviour on my centralized MySQL DB.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing scraper settings for TV shows0