13.1 Ubuntu - available?
(2014-06-06, 10:22)Kib Wrote: Criticism? It is plainly complaining and not being able to read.
It is also a very disrespectful attitude to people who put in many many unpaid hours working on this.

There's nothing disrespectful in complaining about sth., regardless whether it's open source, paid or unpaid work or whatever.

(2014-06-06, 10:22)Kib Wrote: The release message states that the linux builds are still coming. They weren't done when all the rest was and we decided to release anyway.
This is not uncommon, it is a bit more work to get the linux builds up to launchpad.
the release blog post Wrote:Ubuntu users, please point to the “stable PPA” as described in the Linux instructions. Builds will be available in due time.

That explains it. And yes, have read that passage for Ubuntu users. As well as I have read this:
"it is available!
check again"
(http://xbmc.org/xbmc-13-1-gotham-returns/)
Kodi 17.6
yes i replied with "it's available" because it was for every platform besides linux. Also no platform was mentioned on the post claiming it wasn't.

but sure this is worth a lot of drama and whatever, it seems. because the second a release is announcement and some platform isn't ready yet, the world will come to an end.

Just have some patience and I'm sure linux will be up as soon as possible.

(2014-06-06, 12:53)Protheon Wrote:
(2014-06-06, 10:22)Kib Wrote: Criticism? It is plainly complaining and not being able to read.
It is also a very disrespectful attitude to people who put in many many unpaid hours working on this.

There's nothing disrespectful in complaining about sth., regardless whether it's open source, paid or unpaid work or whatever.
opinions vary but I find it to be very disrespectful as well. so will a lot of other people.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ubunut is available now as per the standard Linux install/update instructions.
I'm using the three commands outlined at the start of this post - but I just get "xbmc is already the newest version."

I've now started getting pop ups in XBMC saying I'm running an older version of xbmc.

dpkg -l | grep xbmc-bin

outputs
xbmc-bin 2:13.0~git20140506.0839-gotham-0quantal i386

any ideas?
same probleme here , like waituna :

apt-cache policy xbmc
xbmc:
Installed: 2:13.0~git20140506.0839-gotham-0quantal
Candidate: 2:13.0~git20140506.0839-gotham-0quantal

here my repository :
ls -l /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
total 16
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 130 Jun 7 15:34 team-xbmc-ppa-quantal.list
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 130 Jun 7 15:34 team-xbmc-ppa-quantal.list.save
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 150 Jun 7 15:34 ubuntu-x-swat-x-updates-quantal.list
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 150 Jun 7 15:34 ubuntu-x-swat-x-updates-quantal.list.save

any ideas ?
just get "xbmc is already the newest version."
Quantal? How far back in history are you living?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Quantal support has been expired on May 16th, see: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases

So 13.0 we were able to do - 13.1 not. You can build it yourself from source.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
arf so I don't understand , how can I update to 13.1 ?
I need to download http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/XBMCbun..._amd64.iso and update after to 13.1 with apt-get update , upgrade etc.... ?
yes
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
ok thk u Wink
OK.

Is there a way to disable the message that my XBMC is outdated? (it might take me a little while to upgrade my 3 XBMC boxes)
I think this is caused by an addon. Disable that addon.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-06-07, 18:01)cyberfredxxx Wrote: arf so I don't understand , how can I update to 13.1 ?
I need to download http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/XBMCbun..._amd64.iso and update after to 13.1 with apt-get update , upgrade etc.... ?

I also use the old XBMCbuntu, based on Ubuntu 12.10.
I could update to the RC from the official repository, but the 13.1 final is not there for some reason. Is there any other easy way of updating without a fresh install from the iso? I am not too good with linux and it took me hours to setup the machine the way I want to use it.

Thank you very much in advance for any hints.
I think ubuntu 12.10 is now unsupported.
Jep canonical stopped it end of may, so just between RC and final of 13.1 - though 13.1 and 13.1-rc1 are codewise exactly the same, just not the name bumping.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
13.1 Ubuntu - available?0