2 different movies but the same title
I have the following:

Tarzan (1999)
Tarzan (2013)

The Thing (1982)
The Thing (2011)

How do I get TMM to recognize them each as 2 different movies? TMM is trying to lump them together as the same movie with 2 media files?
What are the file and foldernames on disk ?
They are both in the same folder, named exactly as they are listed:

The Thing (1982).m4v

The Thing (2011).mkv

I have created separate .nfo files for each of them and named them appropriately.
Hi Smitbret,

I have the same files. However, I keep each movie in a separate folder. This is the way to do it really. Then it works....

maybe not 100% what you wanted to hear but...Smile
(2014-06-06, 10:59)terminalx Wrote: Hi Smitbret,

I have the same files. However, I keep each movie in a separate folder. This is the way to do it really. Then it works....

maybe not 100% what you wanted to hear but...Smile

I figured that would be at least one solution. I haven't gone to the 1 movie/1 folder setup yet; it kind of messes with the Media Library in my WDTV Live Hub. Once I transition away from that into and HTPC with XBMC then I may reorganize that way.

I guess I'll just have to deal with it. Doesn't actually mess anything up too badly. I can work around it by moving them, one at a time, into the folder, creating the .nfo and then moving it and its .nfo back out. Then, move the other in, create the .nfo for the second title and then move the other title back in after both have their own .nfo files. It works and there's not a lot of situations where this will happen, so I am not overly concerned.

Thanks for the input, guys.
did you activate the option "Allow multiple movies per folder" in the movie data sources settings? this is obligatory for multi movie dirs!
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2014-06-08, 17:39)mlaggner Wrote: did you activate the option "Allow multiple movies per folder" in the movie data sources settings? this is obligatory for multi movie dirs!

I believe so, but I will certainly double check when I get home.
yeah, probem here is the file parsing and logic we have with "multiple movies in one directory" (and the "exact" same title w/o year)
We try to detect the moviename out of the filename, and match possible other files to that movie aswell.
(because there could be more than one file)

Year is usually always stripped from movie title, but in this case it might make sense to keep that detection.
Will see, if we can further improve that functionality.
Thanks for pointing that out Smile
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
ok, will be fixed in next version Smile
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2014-06-12, 18:49)myron Wrote: ok, will be fixed in next version Smile

Nice!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 different movies but the same title0