XBMC UPnP Server not displaying album art
This is a general non-Windows specific problem, but the general forum said I did not have permission to post there so posting in the Windows forum since that's what my server is running on.

I'm using XBMC as a UPnP server and having issues getting it to serve up local album art over UPnP. Album art displays properly for every album in the XBMC local interface, but not over UPnP. The Artist fan art works perfectly and gets thumbnails for every artist, but only half my albums show up with cover art. From what I can tell, XBMC's UPnP server will only serve up album art that originated from the Universal Scraper and not from my cover.jpg, folder.jpg, or embedded art and the scrapers can't find all my albums.

I have a well organized collection in artist\album subfolders with embedded art in every file and a matching cover.jpg in every album's folder and have already tried editing advancedsettings.xml to use cover.jpg and not folder.jpg (in all possible capitalizations) as well as just making a copy of cover.jpg and naming it folder.jpg. It works in every other free UPnP server software I've tried with no extra configuration, except XBMC. Those other softwares lack the Artist fan art and some other features in XBMC's UPnP server that I would like to use, so I'd really like to find a solution to this if possible. I've spent over a week trying to make it work in either Frodo or Gotham on both Windows and Ubuntu to no success.

tl;dr
I want to make XBMC's UPnP server serve up my music collection with it's local embedded or cover.jpg album art showing up when I browse and play music. Why does it not do this automatically and how can I force it to do so?

edit: System info..
Win7 Pro x64 up to date, 4GB RAM (Ubuntu 14.04 x64 8GB RAM has same behavior), XBMC 12.3 (13.1 has same behavior)
UPnP Browser/Renderer is BubbleUPnP on Android 4.3

Edit: Issue also happens when rendering from XBMC UPnP server to XBMC as a UPnP renderer -> no cover art is displayed even though it's embedded in the MP3 itself. Seems like this is probably a bug in the UPnP server part of XBMC.
Maybe you can try an entry in the advancedsettings.xml for recognizing cover.jpg?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...usicthumbs
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
"have already tried editing advancedsettings.xml to use cover.jpg and not folder.jpg (in all possible capitalizations) as well as just making a copy of cover.jpg and naming it folder.jpg"

Tried that already... makes it work in the XBMC gui, but no effect on what UPnP serves up.
My bad. Missed that in the OP.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Sounds like you're having the same issue I had a while back, and managed to solve after some troubleshooting.

The conclusion I arrived at was that XBMC only seem to properly serve album art over UPnP that has been viewed in XBMC. I'm guessing it's adding the cover to the database at the time you are viewing it, rather than when adding the files to the library.

The steps I took to come to this conclusion:
1) Delete the databases
2) Re-scan the audio files
3) Do NOT view the music library in XBMC
4) View the music library on the DLNA client
5) Observe that not a single album art cover shows up
6) Enter the music library in XBMC
7) Scroll through a couple of albums, but not all of them
8) View the music library on the DLNA client again
9) Observe that artwork is now showing up for the albums you scrolled past in XBMC, but still doesn't show any album art for the remaining albums

Solution/workaround:
Simple scroll through all the albums in the library
Thanks sialivi that's exactly what's happening and your solution worked.

Seems like this is a bug that could be fixed by invoking whatever happens when viewing the art at the time the files are scraped.
I just found the same thing with XBMC on Xubuntu running on a PC and Linux XBMC running on a Sumvision M3. I have over 100 GB of files to "scroll" through. Hardly a stroll in the park! If we knew what happens when viewing cover art...
I'm guessing the uPnP code shares the images in the texture cache which is only populated when you have viewed the albums. There is a texture maintenance script on the forum (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373) which can populate the cache for you - try that
Spot on Davey. That script did the job on my Xubuntu and Linux installations of XBMC
Note, texturecache.py C did the trick. Using texturecache. py c did not work, you have to clear the existing cache, which the uppercase C flag does.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC UPnP Server not displaying album art0