• 6(current)
Release Carbon Skin
'Update each time you enter the home screen'

v0.2.9b

I enable this option without any success (in Smashed, Carbon, SIO2, SIO2-X)... still showing watched movies. Even on OSX.
Maybe an issue with SQL movie database and the widget ?
But when entering Movies Section, the watched movies are hide (with hide watched movies option enable).

On OSX, NOP with Home Movie shelf, it's showing (with the bug).
Two New Videoviews that will be in next Update

Icon4-Info

Icon5-Big
The views are a nice addition.( I like a skin with many view types as sometimes the available options dont fit with my overall config) This skin really gives you all the custom features you need and more. Keep up the good work...
(2014-10-19, 21:53)Damac10 Wrote: The views are a nice addition.( I like a skin with many view types as sometimes the available options dont fit with my overall config) This skin really gives you all the custom features you need and more. Keep up the good work...

I'm having a hardtime fitting them all on the options window lol. I'm going to have to figure something out because I plan to add more.

I'm also working on a videoview with musicosd when playing songs, this allows you to quickly view the artist name, song title, song progress, stop, pause, skip, without having to leave the addon.
This works best with addons such as Musicbox and Radio.
Wink 
(2014-10-20, 02:29)iCanuck Wrote:
(2014-10-19, 21:53)Damac10 Wrote: The views are a nice addition.( I like a skin with many view types as sometimes the available options dont fit with my overall config) This skin really gives you all the custom features you need and more. Keep up the good work...

I'm having a hardtime fitting them all on the options window lol. I'm going to have to figure something out because I plan to add more.

I'm also working on a videoview with musicosd when playing songs, this allows you to quickly view the artist name, song title, song progress, stop, pause, skip, without having to leave the addon.
This works best with addons such as Musicbox and Radio.

Time for Carbon 2.0...
Lol I haven't even made it to 1.0 yet!

Lots of bugs to fix first. But we will get there one day!
I am currently working on Updating Carbon to Helix. Should be done tomorrow...
I have Updated Carbon to Helix beta3

It is very much a beta still and will have bugs!!

iCanuck Kodi Repo - Download Link

This Repo will ONLY work on Helix beta.
Great work! Love your skin. I have been using for several weeks.

It works smoothly on Helix beta 3. The only problem is that once you change to the Carbon skin, Kodi will not let you access any of the options on the Appearance settings, so you are pretty much stuck with the skin, which I don't mind because it is one of the best, if not the best, skins out there. But I am assuming that you are aware of this issue and will probably push an update later on.

Also, is there a way to hide the clock and date from the home screen? Or alternatively, is there an option to change the size of the font? It seems a bit too big. Thanks!
Yes I know about the settings menu issue. It will be fixed next update. Also I will re-add the clock and date hide option. I will also create a seperate font setting for smaller fonts.

If you notice any other bugs please report them

Thanks
Hey iCanuck strange try watching ccn in ustvnow addon only audio and not video on a Raspberry Pi using Gotham OpenElec4.2.1 try on Conflunce works perfect video and audio strange.
Hmm... the issue doesn't sound related to Carbon but I will test and try to duplicate
Thanks iCanuck
Looks like some of the icons are from metroicon.net
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Hi iCanuck,

I tried your skin and I very much like the clear design, the customizability and the responsiveness. However, after trying to adjust the skin to my needs I have the following comments:

1.The menu for customzing the tiles should be slightly revised. It should offer open customization for all tiles (every tile should be openly configurable, not tide to a certain selection), meaning
- select one of the functions:
a) system-function (movies-, music-, settings-, weather-, addon-section etc.)
b) addon (video-adon, music-addon or program-addon) or
c) selected windows/entered system-command.
- select a widget to be shown above (supporting extend-info-script)
- select an icon
- select the icon background-color (overriding the mixed colors)
You could even add selections for the tile pattern and tile frame color (if any frame is selected) overriding the corresponding general selections.

2. On the main-screen: If you select tiles in the third row it should not be the whole screen moving up but only the tile section. The upper part showing the widgets should remain in place. Therefore you would be able to have widgets for tiles of all rows (being in line with my suggestion no. 1 to offer such widgets for all tiles).

3. The skin should add support for logos and clearts (in the views)

4. The skin should add support for weather fanarts

5. Music section needs some more views (e.g. cover wall for albums)

Anyway, its a very nice piece of art already. So keep up the good work!

Brgds,

FantasticN

Edit: Ah, and it should show running videos in the background of the main screen, not as an "ugly" picture in the right lower corner.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Carbon Skin18