Android No Video on Streaming Internet
I have loaded Gotham 13.1 into my M8 Quad core.

When I watch Video's over my Lan all is working perfect. DVD files play fine as well as TS files.

BUT, No internet streaming plugins have any Video. The Sound works perfectly but their is no Video !
Doesnt matter what Internet plugin I try. None of them have Video, Only Audio.

Any idea's why Lan streaming works perfect but none of the Internet streaming has video ?

Charles
Might have found an answer.

The Mbox M8 needs a custom compiled version of XMBC to work. Their are images with it pre-installed and they work correctly. If you uninstall the pre loaded XBMC and install XBMC again from xbmc.org it no longer works.

Assumption is that their is a custom compile of XBMC for the Mbox M8.

Charles
Doubtful. There's no magic difference between local and streaming sources. If one works then the other should as well, if they're the same codec. Chances are the XBMC.org version will work if you disable MediaCodec, which can sometimes be touchy.

XBMC -> Settings -> Videos -> Acceleration
(2014-06-17, 10:46)Ned Scott Wrote: Doubtful. There's no magic difference between local and streaming sources. If one works then the other should as well, if they're the same codec. Chances are the XBMC.org version will work if you disable MediaCodec, which can sometimes be touchy.

XBMC -> Settings -> Videos -> Acceleration

I just spent some time testing. And their is a difference between the two versions of Gotham.

I extracted the Gotham APK from an Mbox M8 Image that had it Pre-Installed. I then installed this version into the Mbox M8. And Yes, It now has Video on Internet Streaming.

I then loaded the version of Gotham from xbmc.org again. Nope, Internet streaming has no Video again. I checked settings in both versions and both have Hardware acceleration enabled.

One thing I noticed when installing the two versions. When running the "Pre-Installed" version the first time it takes a LOT longer to "First time run" than the one from here. It is doing something that the version from here is not doing. No idea what its doing. But it fixes the Internet Video Streaming problem.

I don't like the Image for the Mbox that had it pre-installed. It's not very stable and pauses for periods of time. I wanted the Factory M8 Firmware without it being modded by the supplier.

Charles
I gave you a suggestion to disable the MediaCodec option. Did you try it?
No I didn't try it, mainly because I forgot when I got home from work. But the Pre Installed version that works has them all Enabled anyway.

I will just use the Gotham that I extracted from the Mbox M8 Image as it works fine. Only v13.0 though.

I did read another post on here were the Attributes might not be set correctly. /dev/a* files

Maybe the Pre installed one is setting the Attributes and thats why it takes a lot longer on "First Run".

Charles

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Video on Streaming Internet0