• 1(current)
Bug Duplicate music artists under one song for XBMC and Kodi
Under 12.3 I never had this issue but with a clean install of 13.1 final all songs with multiple artists are duplicated and separated with a /
See screenshot below.

All my albums are tagged with MusicBrainz Picard with the following settings.

Example is Ultra Dance 15
I created a ticket about this issue but that was closed, however the suggested resolution does not work.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/15304
I've tried to enable the Overwrite tags with online information but this did not resolve the issue
It only works if you actually scan the online info! As I said in the ticket, make sure you refresh the artist info for the "two" artists.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-06-20, 00:07)jmarshall Wrote: It only works if you actually scan the online info! As I said in the ticket, make sure you refresh the artist info for the "two" artists.

jmarshall I tried with a new install of XBMC 13.1 and set the option: Override song tags.

Then I created a new library with only Ultra Dance 15 and scanned it.
After the scan I also refreshed the Artist information for both Hardwell and Matthew Koma

The result is exactly the same.

What am I doing wrong?
Your artist list looks a bit odd. Did you have the artist "Hardwell feat. Matthew Koma" in there at all?

If not, please supply the track.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi jmarshall,

In the library under artist they are only there as separate entities.
The track is in the opening post.
Here is the rest of the tag info.

The MusicBrainz release is this one: Ultra Dance 15.
(2014-06-23, 09:01)Rouzax Wrote: Here is the rest of the tag info.

The MusicBrainz release is this one: Ultra Dance 15.

Try removing the artist id info in musicbrainz and manually save the song file (don't let musicbrainz do it automatically) then do a music library update. I had the same problem and this fixed 99% of my problems but still have 2 albums it didn't fix ( had to create nfo's for them)
This may not be the correct way to do it, but it works.
(2014-06-21, 00:29)jmarshall Wrote: Your artist list looks a bit odd. Did you have the artist "Hardwell feat. Matthew Koma" in there at all?

If not, please supply the track.

jmarshall,

did you find the time to take a look at the track?
Rouzax: I've run into the same issue. Can you go to Music -> Albums, find the Ultimate Dance 15 album, press C to bring up the context menu and choose "Album Information" and then "Refresh". Does that fix your list?
Tried this but that does not change my album.
Just to confirm.. I asked if you had tried to refresh the ALBUM, not the artists, because here is my result with your MP3:

Hi Helta,

That is curious, in my production XBMC (with the same settings and all my albums) it does not work.
However on my laptop with only the Ultra album it does work.

I've now deleted my complete library on my production XBMC and am rebuilding the library. Let you know what happens.

One thing that is a bit disappointing is that you lose the artist formatting of the track in this way. It should be Hardwell feat. Matthew Koma.
Would it not be possible tho have a display artist title and the separate artists in the database?
After the complete rebuild of my production library it works.
However I still have to do it one album at a time. The Query info for all albums does not work.

Any thought on the possibility to have a display artist title?
The way XBMC functions now you lose all the info of the artist tag and are left with separate artists. This is great for the Artist library view but horrible for the now playing or the album view.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate music artists under one song for XBMC and Kodi1