Bug Duplicate music artists under one song for XBMC and Kodi
I seem to be getting a similar/same problem.

It appears that the tags being read are different to the tags being displayed in the library.

As a result the same artist can be listed multiple times this appears to happen where multiple artists are involved in the creation of one track

I think the display is showing the Album Artist, but the grouping is based on the Artists tag.

A solution nearer to perfection, but not impossibly difficult would be to have a library view for each tag, so we could have Artists as a library view, using the Artists Tag and displaying the Artists Tag and to have a separate Album Artists view, displaying the Album Artists tag. Extending this concept we could have a Release Country view a Record Label View and if we made custom tags we could even use those. I doubt anyone would want all possible views, so perhaps you might need to fiddle with the config to get any thing exotic such as a year-month view or the record label view.

Perhaps the way to do it would be to provide a name for the tag view, The tag for the view and a regular expression to apply to the tag.

I guess there is an issue with multiple artists in that you want the track to appear under each artist when in artist view. Perhaps having multiple reg ex captures to extract multiple values from a single field and create multiple indexed entries in the library.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duplicate music artists under one song for XBMC and Kodi - by brucedenney - 2014-12-03, 14:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate music artists under one song for XBMC and Kodi1