Bug Duplicate music artists under one song for XBMC and Kodi
I believe above could solve the issue, but is a fairly complex solution. Let me start with a description and then share a potential solution:

ISSUE
In MBZ/Picard, the "artist" tag is NOT the equivalent of the "MB Artist Id". Actually, the "artists" tag is equivalent to "MB Artist ID". Let me explain this with a simple example taken from MBZ:
Artist: Bob Dylan & The Band
Artists: Bob Dylan / The Band
MB Artist ID: 72c536dc-7137-4477-a521-567eeb840fa8 / 8c90ad8c-9150-4c51-a1eb-342232e99d06
You can see above that the "artist" tag does not include a system separator. Artists are only separated with "/" or ";" in the "artists tag" and the "MB artist ID tag".

SOLUTION
When scanning into the library, I would suggest the following behavior
1) Just ignore the "MB artist ID". It does not add any value and even leads the massive bug described above. With this simple change, the bug would be immediately fixed. Same for the other "MB IDs". Why scan them anyways?
2) In addition, it would be good to include support for "artists" (with and S) tags. The artists tag includes a system separator (";", "/") and does not include information such as "feat." or "&". So, this could be used to creating the ordered list for the artist view in Kodi, while the displayed artist would still need to come from the "artist" tag.

The first part of solution should be very straight forward and hope it can be implemented fast. The second one will require some work and there is a ticket to make this happen already.

Any thoughts or contacts to developers to take this on?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duplicate music artists under one song for XBMC and Kodi - by steve1977 - 2015-03-22, 03:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate music artists under one song for XBMC and Kodi1