Bug Duplicate music artists under one song for XBMC and Kodi
Thanks, fully under stood what you are saying and makes sense. Let me share my thoughts.

1) As a first step, I would suggest just to remove scanning the MBID. "Basic" users just want to see the perfomers for a slong to be listed as credited on the release, including qualfifiers such as "featured". A "basic" user will not mind having the artists listed separately when searching the artist view. This is the as feature-rich as ITunes and basically all other music clients are, so this should be the basic feature of Kodi as well. Everything beyond is "just" icing on the cake. So ideally, the first step would be just reach this status by solving the "bug" caused by the "MBID" (in other words, disable scanning the MBID until a solution is found).

2) For the advcanced users (like myself), we are also excited to have the full advanced features that you are describing above. They want the artist displayed as credited on the release, but be able to see the individual artists in artist view. For these users, MBZ/Picard have introduced a new tag "artists" and also provides the "MBID". Using the "MBID" still requires to download additional information, which is against the logic of Kodi being able to just use "local information". That's where the need to support the "artists" tag (and potentially albumartists tag) comes from. It appears to be the only way to only use local information to reach the desired advanced functionality. This feature in any case should be "optional". I will be using it, but the majority of users will be happy just to have the "Itunes-functionality" described in (1).

What do you think?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duplicate music artists under one song for XBMC and Kodi - by steve1977 - 2015-03-26, 00:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate music artists under one song for XBMC and Kodi1