XBMC on dedicated second monitor
Question 
Hi,

I searched for a while in the forum and could not find anything similar to what I want except one thread using a virtual machine which is not a good solution.

I have a Windows 8.1 computer with two displays : 1 LCD monitor and 1 video projector.

I would like XBMC to run on the second screen (projector) while being able to use my computer on the LCD screen. This is possible by using the windowed full screen but is very annoying because my mouse keeps interacting with the XBMC screen.

I would like to know if it's possible to dedicate my second monitor with XBMC ? I have no need for keyboard nor mouse because I can control XBMC with either a remote or my phone.

Thanks !
The simple answer is that XBMC is a dedicated media center and most devs would pipe up.. 'get another computer'. Many users, myself included use a script to swap displays and on exit return to the original configuration. (search for display switch). There are a few users that have managed to muti-task XBMC with an O/S and usually these are graphic card dependant, with the ability to configure dual multi-res displays and have enough gfx memory to pull this off.

Using the keyboard Win+p open up the display choices..in thiis order. choose extended, run XBMC in windowed mode drag it inot the projector if possible.... then using the expand to full screen slash (\ ) do you still have an image on the projector? If everything is working, it's just a matter of a dedicated mouse script or remote that allows for XBMC control while it's in focus.
The dual screen works actually well, my only problem is I don't wont my mouse to hover over XBMC or interact with it.
You can disable the mouse in input settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on dedicated second monitor0