• 8(current)
Release script.ambibox for ambient lighting [Windows Only]
(2016-05-28, 21:29)HansDampfHH Wrote: Hey, after i upgrade my Kodi from 15 to 16.1 everything seems fine until i notice that i have dropped/skipped frames when i watch TV.
If i disable AmbiBox everything is perfect, if i enable AmbiBox i get back the lost frames.

Any hints what i can do?
I use Kodi 15 for a long time now with my Windows machine and AmbiBox.
Perfect solution until now. I hope i can solve this problem because it is time to update my Kodi.

Here is the Kodi-log: http://pastebin.com/9qTsJfHi
Need more input?

On the profiles page, try reducing the quality and/or the throttle settings.
(2016-05-23, 09:32)dragostino Wrote: Hi all, does anyone know if it is possible to change the code of the plugin so that leds are on in evvening/night and off during the day?
I've seen in other plugins for ambilight the possibility of specify the hours of the day when leds are on...
Thanks

In short, yes this could be done, but no, I will not be doing that at this time.
There will be a lot of changes needed for the Krypton release.
Perhaps after all of that I might look into it, but devoting several hours of time for one person's request is not high on my priority list.
Sorry.
Here i am again, sorry for the delay.
No changes on profile page (quality or throttle) resolves the problem.
I tried different settings, at last quality low and throttle to 1.
Skipped frames. And also if i changes the fps in AmbiBox directly.

Edit - Some more infos after investigation:
Skipped frames are only on tv channels with 1280x720 !
All other channels with resolution 1920x1080 or 720x576 are running smoothly with ambilights.

Edit 2 - New result
If i watch a channel with 1280x720 and scale the screen to original size i have no more skipped frames.
But of course i would like to watch every channel in fullscreen.

If i edit the resolution of kodi in the settings to 1280x760 all channels in 1280x760 are in fullscreen of course and there are also no skipped frames.
But the screen is not that sharp and channels in 1920x1080 are to big for the screen.

Anybody has a resolution for this problem?
For me AmbiBox is not working on Kodi 16 :-(
(2016-06-11, 11:55)HansDampfHH Wrote: Here i am again, sorry for the delay.
No changes on profile page (quality or throttle) resolves the problem.
I tried different settings, at last quality low and throttle to 1.
Skipped frames. And also if i changes the fps in AmbiBox directly.

Edit - Some more infos after investigation:
Skipped frames are only on tv channels with 1280x720 !
All other channels with resolution 1920x1080 or 720x576 are running smoothly with ambilights.

Edit 2 - New result
If i watch a channel with 1280x720 and scale the screen to original size i have no more skipped frames.
But of course i would like to watch every channel in fullscreen.

If i edit the resolution of kodi in the settings to 1280x760 all channels in 1280x760 are in fullscreen of course and there are also no skipped frames.
But the screen is not that sharp and channels in 1920x1080 are to big for the screen.

Anybody has a resolution for this problem?
For me AmbiBox is not working on Kodi 16 :-(

All I can say is that the code in the addon is as optimized as I can get it using python and compiled code is not allowed in addons.
It seems to me that the addon is competing with Kodi's scaling routines for processor cycles. I liberally use as much 'xbmc.sleep' as I can in the code to give up processor control.
The amount of time it takes to process and send a frame is measured over the first few seconds and the addon self-adapts to maximize the amount of time it can sleep before having to process the next frame for a given framerate.

I apologize, I do not have any solutions for this at the moment beyond looking at your System-Settings-Video-Acceleration page and seeing if tweaking settings there makes a difference.
Thanks for your reply. Here some screens from the same channel and program with details.

The first screen is from Kodi 15 without skipped frames.

The second is from Kodi 16 with skipped frames.

Tell me if you need a translation for the graphic settings.
(2016-05-31, 15:52)KenV99 Wrote:
(2016-05-23, 09:32)dragostino Wrote: Hi all, does anyone know if it is possible to change the code of the plugin so that leds are on in evvening/night and off during the day?
I've seen in other plugins for ambilight the possibility of specify the hours of the day when leds are on...
Thanks

In short, yes this could be done, but no, I will not be doing that at this time.
There will be a lot of changes needed for the Krypton release.
Perhaps after all of that I might look into it, but devoting several hours of time for one person's request is not high on my priority list.
Sorry.

Sounds like it doesn't work for Krypton at all atm?
Just wanted to update to the new Alpha, but without Ambibox...no way :-)
The current version is not currently Krypton compatible but I am working on it with the help of the Kodi team.
nice to hear,
thanks for effort!
For anyone that has any interest in following this process along, the issue preventing use in the Krypton alphas is detailed here:
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16788
Is it possible to increase the Ambibox Capture Speed?
I am using Kodi 16 with Kodi Direct and the max speed I am getting is 19 fps. If I could increase the speed a little bit, the LEDs would be smoother.

Thanks!
(2016-07-05, 18:00)Bavilo Wrote: Is it possible to increase the Ambibox Capture Speed?
I am using Kodi 16 with Kodi Direct and the max speed I am getting is 19 fps. If I could increase the speed a little bit, the LEDs would be smoother.

Thanks!

19 fps is more than adequate. You should optimize your settings in the ambibox executable on the 'Additional Configuring of Zones', altering the sensitivity, dynamics and smoothing settings.
(2016-07-05, 14:18)KenV99 Wrote: For anyone that has any interest in following this process along, the issue preventing use in the Krypton alphas is detailed here:
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16788

thx, for your hard work.
Currently running "GUI Capture" Mode (but i'll think i also have dropped fames), would be nice to have Kodi_direct back Wink

If you have something to test, just let me know.

thx
pOpY
I pushed a revision that should be compatible with Krypton down to Gotham. https://github.com/AmbiBox/kodi.script.ambibox
However, the RenderCapture issue mentioned in post #114 has not been addressed by the Kodi developers up to the nightly build on 7/23/16.
So for the adventurous, try at your own risk. It is possible that on different hardware, this *might* not cause Kodi to hand. Only way to know is to try it.

There is nothing more that can be done on my end to address the issue at this time. Just waiting on the Kodi developers.
Tried with the 1.0.9.0 version on Krypton and older version.

Both the 1.0.9.0 version and the older version do not hang on my windows 10 pc. But direct capture is broken with both, have to use screen capture method of Ambilight.

However, boblight does work on wtih direct capture on Kodi Krypton, so seems to me the addon is broken, but i'm no expert.
(2016-07-27, 18:56)TRiON Wrote: Tried with the 1.0.9.0 version on Krypton and older version.

Both the 1.0.9.0 version and the older version do not hang on my windows 10 pc. But direct capture is broken with both, have to use screen capture method of Ambilight.

However, boblight does work on wtih direct capture on Kodi Krypton, so seems to me the addon is broken, but i'm no expert.

Have you tried the latest github version: https://github.com/AmbiBox/AmbiBox-XBMC/...master.zip
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.ambibox for ambient lighting [Windows Only]0