Release [Mod] Disc Art in Video Info Dialog - Nox 5
I did some research for you. You are right, the interface under the original "Choose Art" option is different, but they both do the same thing in terms of the code they use. You do understand that I coded the mod you are using, correct? You could have simply said "I prefer the Artwork Downloader in the original Video Info screen. Could you add it for me?" One cannot simply work in place of the other.

Because you were dishonest, I'll leave the edit to you:

You will need Notepad++ or another xml editor.

At Line 817, search for the following:

<control type="button" id="90202">
<description>Cinema Experience button</description>
<width>260</width>
<textwidth>435</textwidth>
<textoffsetx>15</textoffsetx>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
<onclick>RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movieid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
<label>$INFO[System.AddonTitle(script.cinema.experience)]</label>
<visible>System.HasAddon(script.cinema.experience)</visible>
<visible>Container.Content(movies) + !SubString(Window(10025).Property(CinemaExperienceRunning),True)</visible>
</control>

Replace the complete button with the following:

<control type="button" id="10">
<description>Get Thumb</description>
<include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
<label>13511</label>
<enable>!Skin.HasSetting(KioskMode.Enabled)</enable>
</control>

I wouldn't discount the value of Cinema Experience. If you haven't given it a go due to lack of supporting content, try the link in Appendix B in this post (it includes all of my Cinema Experience videos).
The Artwork Downloader buttons and the choose artwork buttons work a little differently. If you have fanart/poster ect.. in the DB already and have use local files set in the options then choosing AD:manual will not change it unless you use choose artwork. I believe that is the reason for the different buttons. AD: manual can set a different choice but the button you posted is using core functionality (built in to Kodi) to update the file in the database. I have played around with those buttons extensively and can say they are all needed. In my opinion that is why all 3 are available in the stock Aeon Nox 5.
(2015-02-28, 07:24)mikesilvo164 Wrote: The Artwork Downloader buttons and the choose artwork buttons work a little differently. If you have fanart/poster ect.. in the DB already and have use local files set in the options then choosing AD:manual will not change it unless you use choose artwork. I believe that is the reason for the different buttons. AD: manual can set a different choice but the button you posted is using core functionality (built in to Kodi) to update the file in the database. I have played around with those buttons extensively and can say they are all needed. In my opinion that is why all 3 are available in the stock Aeon Nox 5.

Okay, there you go. So I'm not certain if the mistake was me or him. So the NFO can be updated immediately using the core functionality but the manual method still requires a library export. That doesn't explain why he wasn't able to see the new art appear on his screen after selection. It must have something to do with the choice of local files.

If you the poster wasn't dishonest, I apologize. Using the slimey method to request an hour of poking around didn't sit well with me.
(2015-02-28, 07:34)Warner306 Wrote: Okay, there you go. So I'm not certain if the mistake was me or him. So the NFO can be updated immediately using the core functionality but the manual method still requires a library export. That doesn't explain why he wasn't able to see the new art appear on his screen after selection. It must have something to do with the choice of local files.

If you the poster wasn't dishonest, I apologize. Using the slimey method to request an hour of poking around didn't sit well with me.

I don't know what he is talking about concerning nfo files... Neither AD or choose artwork touch those. I was just mentioning the differences between the buttons.
Mod updated.
hi i am useing aeon nox 5 helix i am trying this out i have installed all files and placed the ones needed on the system but i cannot seem to see disc artwork for online content or does this only work for content on external hard drive thanks
Disc art only shows for items in your library.
(2015-07-19, 21:52)Warner306 Wrote: Disc art only shows for items in your library.

thanks for your reply does this mean external hard drive as well or just kodi library as we have a lot of movies etc on hard drives
Hello , Does anyone know how to make this work with another skin , please let me know
(2015-07-23, 19:25)Karnage11 Wrote: Hello , Does anyone know how to make this work with another skin , please let me know

That is not possible due to the shared nature of skin xml files. The image calls and code borrow from many files that are independent to each skin. You can't fork this code into another skin unless that skin is Aeon Nox 5.
i was told it was possible , it would just have to be worked on to make it work
(2015-07-23, 22:58)Karnage11 Wrote: i was told it was possible , it would just have to be worked on to make it work

It would take a lot of work. Each background image you see is stored in a folder inside the skin. You would have to copy the image and replicate the exact folder structure for the image to appear in the new skin. Also, the fonts are specific to font set created for Aeon Nox 5. This would require a change to each font to match the size and appearance of the original by substituting fonts available in the new skin. From there, variables, includes and other items are referenced in the document that would have to be recreated in the appropriate variables.xml, includes.xml, etc. of the new skin.

All told, you would have changes spread across three or four xmls, not just the one you see. Only someone with skinning knowledge could accomplish this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] Disc Art in Video Info Dialog - Nox 51