Request: channelchooser.com
there is a cool website below that streams around 70 free channels. it would be great if there was a script that could access and play these streams on xbmc.

the channels are quite good quality too

www.channelchooser.com
this streams all free cable channels over the internet. this includes channels like mtv, scifi, adult channels. this would be a great addition to the xbmc.
damn .. that is a cool streaming site!! Shocked
would be absolutely great to stream the content in xbmc!
My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

but i cant even get onto the site
http://www.channelchooser.com
google doesnt seem to bring it up either.
scrap that just got it working. must've had the server down
javascript

here's the java app i think it uses to play the streams, the website doesnt deal with the url directly, so you cant extract it from the html. i think it uses a string value (say 52 for cartoons) which it puts into this java app to play back the file so we cant see the url. if someonw were to decompile it they may find the stream url this way.

ps. i have absolutely no idea how to use java so dont ask me about it, this is just me lending a hand if anyone wants to make a script.
second that. i'll try to work on it myself...don't know how far i'll get. but i'll give it a go.
i tried to make some .strm files for the streams and some played back fine in xbmc and others do not play at all, because they require the live.com libraries (error in xbmc.log file).
My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

anyone go further on this? 70 channels of tv, would be awsome if we could get this working...
nice site Smile
actually, guys, i've already created a big package of strm files (i.e., no script needed) for about 239 different tv stations/feeds in 71 countries. the list is sorted through folders by country for halfway-easy reference. i got tired one night (after the long-dead xsp stream-pack plugin lost its saved addresses) and decided to create this for the betterment of everyone who just wants to stream world television without getting fancy about it.

it's based from many different large lists on the web (after reading asx files right and left to get the mms:// addresses for most) and i tested almost all the streams on the pc to make sure they're at least up and running; i can't vouch for all working in xbmc, but i can tell you that there can't be too many non-working streams. so far all the streams in my pack are windows media only. (see below for my questions on rm streaming.)

xbmc-tv.zip

just throw it all in a "tv" folder on your xbox and add an appropriate bookmark under "video" in xboxmediacenter.xml. you're set. anyone who can add onto this growing list with real working feeds, please feel free! also, feel free to pass the archive around and enjoy. just my way of giving back. Smile

anyone familiar with streaming realmedia through the rtsp:// protocol on the xbmc? got a sample file you could paste? if i can get that figured out, the number of stations i can add and release would rise dramatically. thanks in advance.

vanadium do u have anywhere else u can post this? ive been tryin the site for the last 20 minutes and it never sends anything...firefox just sits there loading it.

nvmd it finally went..time to try it...i tried it...is it possible to get more usa chans? i dont speak or understand any of the other languages

also..i just checked out that channelchooser sitem, its quick...that'd be awesome to get that site streamed

vanadium,
can u look at channelchooser? would love to know how to get the stream info so i can watch these on xbox, alot of the channels have very good quality, i think this would be an awsome project to get working on xbmc....
already a cript for channel chooser about 75% of the channels work... called xtv i think aka ooba. try xbmcscripts.com
tried it, it doesnt work very well. if the stream works on a computer, shouldnt it work on the xbox? how do i modify that script and how do i find out the stream address? most of the ones included in the xtv do not work. would like to know how to get all the channel chooser ones int a script.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request: channelchooser.com0