Change default album art file name?
Can the default album art file name be changed from folder.jpg to front.jpg?

I found a wiki that explained how to do it using 'advancedsettings.xml' but a note says it may not work in Gotham 13.

Reason is I have a lot of albums, each in their own folder, with 'front.jpg' as their album cover name. The only covers that show up in Gotham 13 are ones found by the scrapers.

I am hoping not to have to rename 100's of covers from front.jpg to folder.jpg.

Really enjoying Gotham 13 with its default skin. Thank you.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...usicthumbs

I don't see any note saying that it won't work with gotham. I'm succesfully using it anyway.
That is good news!

EDIT: I hadn't built the advancedsettings.xml file correctly. As stated in the instructions, <advancedsettings> and </advancedsettings> must be used in the xml file. I had not entered those.

Here is what I found:

"2.4.4 musicthumbs, is a list of additional files to try when searching for music thumbnail images. (The default is folder.jpg which can be removed.)"

Example:
<musicthumbs>
<remove>folder.jpg</remove>
<add>thumb.jpg|cover.jpg</add>
</musicthumbs>

"The easiest way to include a GUI setting is to first make sure it is set in the GUI to the value that you want, and then to open the UserData\guisettings.xml file and find the XML entry that corresponds to that setting."

"2.13 GUI settings - Note: In XBMC v13 "Gotham",using guisettings in advancedsettings.xml might not work anymore or might give unexpected results."

In addition, I did not find "musicthumbs" in the UserData\guisettings xml file. I created an "advancedsettings.xml" file anyway to change the <musicthumbs> tag and saved it in UserData.

Thank you for the help! I was able to find the problem due to your reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change default album art file name?0