• 2(current)
Milkdrop Visualization for XBMC?
so i think g-force is a pretty decent visualization but when you compare it to milkdrop for windows media player (which otherwise sucks as a program) its juts not the same. does anyone have a port of milkdrop, or some other visualizations that use more 3d rendering. just a thought

steve
<irony mode on>
sure, there's a whole bunch of ported viz'es but they are hidden and not available to normal people.
<irony mode off>

ofcourse all working vizes that exist for xbmc is public and in cvs.
there may very well be preset's (settings file for viz'es) available elsewhere, but if it isnt in our cvs, then we can't help you
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i dont get why its so hard for people to make custom visualizations for xbmc. i know i could get a bagillion visualizations(before milkdrop) for winamp that people just made.

to take a guess there must not be a visualization generator in xbmc just a way to run preprogramed visualizations? either way id like to see some diff visualizations with the current engine soon, instead of forever to get badass ones like milkdrop.

i really like g-force, but its the only really good one and i get tired of it sometimes.
write a new vis yourself.
greets,

zilvershadow
designer of the kmlbrowser script.
(zilvershadow @ april 20 2005,09:16 Wrote:write a new vis yourself.
if i knew how. any tutes around? prolly not sence there has been the same ones for a while.

obviously if i knew how to do it i wouldnt sugest to make it easier
(blindguy @ april 20 2005,20:22 Wrote:
(zilvershadow @ april 20 2005,09:16 Wrote:write a new vis yourself.
if i knew how. any tutes around?
- q: can i install winamp audio-visualization plug-ins or other visualisations to xbmc myself? a:... (from xbmc faq).
- xbox development resources for xbmc-devs (links, libraries, tips & tricks...).
- visualisation plugin interface for xbmc (specs and development).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
i will defently look at it, but i dont have any experience in any of those languages so ill dead end pretty quick.
isnt the source posted on his site?
http://www.nullsoft.com/free/milkdrop/mi...source.zip
yep.. we know about it Smile

it was just made opensource very recently.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

sorry to the author of milkdrop port (you know who you are) but we accidentally spilled the news in #xbmc and when the cat's out of the bag why not tease a little more :thumbsup:

:bowdown:

looks amazing! i hope in the future there will be some sort of controll for the vis. an osd to choose settings from.

hmm now that i think of it wasn't there a developer that was working on it ?

anyway. very nice screenshots.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
Shocked

:thumbsup:
very nice! can't wait till it hits cvs. would the porter also be interested in taking a stab at the tripex code thats floating around?
in cvs... (well developer cvs anyway) so you got something to look forward to!

i included all winamp 5.09 presets -1 and fatx renamed them so you can just ftp them over and dont bitch that it takes a long time to xfer them Confusedaint:

ok, i am the guy that did the port and i have got to say you guys are in for a real treat with this visualisation. since i got it working i have just been sitting watching it all day.

of course all i did was port it, so big thanks go out to ryan geiss and nullsoft for creating and open sourcing this great visualistion. and also thanks to all the preset authors.

enjoy this great visualisation and let me know of any problems.

@asteron: tripex is already running as a plugin but there are still a few bugs to iron out. no eta yet.

cheers

mrc
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Milkdrop Visualization for XBMC?0