Release "Logoff" screensaver
(2015-12-17, 12:01)weirdinin Wrote: Is this add-on supposed to execute log out function if music is playing? When video is playing, log out is prevented but it seems that this is not the case when music is playing. I'd like not to log out if I'm listening music of course. Can this be fixed?

Here's my debugging log of logging out when music is playing:

http://www.filedropper.com/kodi_2

EDIT: noticed that if music visualization is on, log out is not executed while listening music. Unfortunately, this is not solution for me since I prefer not to use any music visualization.

If you're on Android, and rooted, I suggest checking out my Android Power Options screensaver from my repo, as it does check for Audio first. I'll see when I get a chance to port that change to the Logoff screensaver.

Edit: Go ahead and try out the update here. If that works, I'll work on submitting it.
Thank you for quick reply.
I'm on win10

Tried the update. That's what happened:

Log out was not executed. Instead when the wait time was over, screen got black and music kept playing. Screen came back by pushing any key.
Here's debugging log: http://www.filedropper.com/kodi_3

Edit: and again music visualization prevents this add-on to execute it's functions.

If this is something too complicated to fix and is not occuring with other users, do not use too much energy for this since I can make my peace with using visualization.
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
(2015-12-17, 20:27)weirdinin Wrote: Thank you for quick reply.
I'm on win10

Tried the update. That's what happened:

Log out was not executed. Instead when the wait time was over, screen got black and music kept playing. Screen came back by pushing any key.
Here's debugging log: http://www.filedropper.com/kodi_3

That's exactly what's supposed to happen. I can't keep the screensaver from executing at all. Kodi itself calls the screensaver, and my code would never be executed unless the screensaver were called. All I can do is keep it from logging off.

If you're wanting Kodi to have an option to not kick off the screensaver at all when music's playing, then you'd need to request that as a feature of Kodi itself.
Ok. Thank you for clarification.
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
I am running Kodi 15.2 on a Windows 7 machine. I have a numeric password protected profile for me and an open profile for my kids. I was hoping this would log me off my profile automatically if I ever forgot to log off manually, but whenever it attempts to log off my password protected profile, it immediately prompts for my password and won't allow any other actions until the password is entered. It seems to log off just fine if it executes under the open profile I set up for kids. Are others seeing this same behavior?
(2015-12-24, 10:02)daboodah Wrote: I am running Kodi 15.2 on a Windows 7 machine. I have a numeric password protected profile for me and an open profile for my kids. I was hoping this would log me off my profile automatically if I ever forgot to log off manually, but whenever it attempts to log off my password protected profile, it immediately prompts for my password and won't allow any other actions until the password is entered. It seems to log off just fine if it executes under the open profile I set up for kids. Are others seeing this same behavior?

This doesn't really have much to do with the screensaver (if you simply clicked "Logoff" you'd see the same behavior), but it sounds like you may have confused a Master Lock vs. a Profile Lock, or simply set your locks up incorrectly. Please do the following to reset your locks and set the profile lock appropriately.

1. Enter your Adult profile
2. Go to System > Settings > System > Master Lock
3. Select "Reset to default" (this should clear your Master Lock and its settings)
4. Go back to the Home screen
5. Go to System > Profiles
6. On the "Login" tab, check "Login screen"
7. On the "Profiles" tab, highlight your Adult profile and press [Enter]
8. Select "Lock preferences"
9. Select "Profile lock"
10. Choose a desired lock/passcode for your Adult profile
11. Enable the "Logoff" screensaver in your Adult profile
Would it be possible to incorporate the "dim" screensaver with this? My main viewing TV is a plasma, so image retention is a concern. I would love to use this add-on, but I can't get rid of actual screen protection.

My optimal situation would be to allow the screen to dim after a certain amount of time (one minute for me) and then log off after a longer period of time, say 15 minutes. Maybe these could be user configurable, or just a few hard coded options that could be selected by the user.

Is this impossible?
I'm using the logoff screensaver for quite a while, but have a problem with it.

I have 1 master profile called "parents", which includes all functionality and all video's, it is password protected.
I have 1 limited profile called "kids" which includes all animation movies especially for my kids, this profile is not password protected.

However, when the screensaver kicks in (no matter what profile is active), the login screen is shown, but kodi is locked and can only be unlocked entering the master code (from profile "parents"). So if the kids want to watch a movie from their profile, they still need to enter the master code, which makes the logoff screensaver not very useful...

I looked in the code of the screensaver and can only find the system logoff command.

When I manually log off a profile, the login screen is also shown, but doesn't need a code to unlock Kodi, and a profile can be choosen directly (for master profile is still a password needed, but not for the kids profile).

The option to lock Kodi when screensaver is active, is disabled.

I also tried to change the master password, but that changes the password for the "parents" profile in the same way. Even when I remove the master password, then no passwords are needed at all.

Strange...
JethroCl - I have the exact same setup and behavior with this screensaver. I think it is because our "parents" profile is the renamed "masterprofile". That's the only way I can explain why the "master lock" is tethered to the "parents" profile lock code.

I think I may have found a workaround: In the profile settings area, disable the login screen and have Kodi automatically log in to your "kids" profile. On my system (16.1 running on Retropie), the login screen no longer prompts for the "master lock" when the screensaver triggers a logout.

Of course, this only works well if you seldom restart Kodi. Otherwise you'll need to log out of your "kids" profile and into your own every time you start up. Since I'm running on a pi, I almost never reboot so it doesn't matter that my system logs into my "kids" profile on first boot.

Hope this works for you!
Hi!

any chance to get working this addon with Kodi 19.1 ? Worked perfectly for me with Kodi 18.1 and my 2 profiles (Adults / Kids) but since the upgrade the Addon ist not compatible anymore ...

best regards,

Sarge
(2021-08-16, 16:07)mr.sarge1 Wrote: Hi!

any chance to get working this addon with Kodi 19.1 ? Worked perfectly for me with Kodi 18.1 and my 2 profiles (Adults / Kids) but since the upgrade the Addon ist not compatible anymore ...

best regards,

Sarge
Sorry, I don't have this device anymore, so I won't be updating the plugin myslef.
Just modified this addon and installed on Kodi 19.3
It works. Below are the steps I  did - I hope it will help others. Below are the modifications I did:

1. Install the Kodi python fix from here
2. Download addon.py, addon.xml, fanart.jpg and icon.png from  here
3. Edit the addon.py file like below and save it
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="script.screensaver.logoff"
       name="Logoff"
       version="1.1.0"
       provider-name="none">
  <extension point="xbmc.ui.screensaver" library="addon.py"/>
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <platform>all</platform>
    <assets>
      <icon>icon.png</icon>
    </assets>
    <summary>Screensaver that will log off your XBMC/Kodi profile</summary>
    <description>Screensaver that will log off your XBMC/Kodi profile</description>
  </extension>
</addon>
4. Create a folder called script.screensaver.logoff
5. Add the above folder to a zip filed script.screensaver.logoff.zip
6. Install it on your Kodi (I only tested it on 19.3)

Enjoy
(2022-01-18, 16:10)MnM007 Wrote: Just modified this addon and installed on Kodi 19.3
It works. Below are the steps I  did - I hope it will help others. Below are the modifications I did:

1. Install the Kodi python fix from here
2. Download addon.py, addon.xml, fanart.jpg and icon.png from  here
3. Edit the addon.py file like below and save it
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="script.screensaver.logoff"
       name="Logoff"
       version="1.1.0"
       provider-name="none">
  <extension point="xbmc.ui.screensaver" library="addon.py"/>
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <platform>all</platform>
    <assets>
      <icon>icon.png</icon>
    </assets>
    <summary>Screensaver that will log off your XBMC/Kodi profile</summary>
    <description>Screensaver that will log off your XBMC/Kodi profile</description>
  </extension>
</addon>
4. Create a folder called script.screensaver.logoff
5. Add the above folder to a zip filed script.screensaver.logoff.zip
6. Install it on your Kodi (I only tested it on 19.3)

Enjoy

Missed a step above Smile
4A - add all 4 files in the script.screensaver.logoff folder
then continue to step 5

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Logoff" screensaver0