Release "Logoff" screensaver
I've got multiple profiles in XBMC. Rather than have to remember to manually logoff our "Grown ups" profile before the kids want to watch, I've made a simple "screensaver" that will log out automatically. Of course, this doesn't do much to really "save" your screen, but you might find it helpful.
Remember, you'll need to enable it on every profile you'd like to automatically logoff.

Download:
Edit: Now in official repo
I have been searching for this for a long time.

Thanks!
Glad you found it useful.
I'm also looking for something like this any chance you could re-upload it? It'd be much appreciated.
(2015-02-21, 20:44)Gauntlet Wrote: I'm also looking for something like this any chance you could re-upload it? It'd be much appreciated.

Sorry, I didn't realize it'd been taken down from dev-host. You can still get it from my repo.
Any thoughts about submitting this to the official kodi.tv add-on repo?
(2015-04-16, 07:05)Ned Scott Wrote: Any thoughts about submitting this to the official kodi.tv add-on repo?

Sounds good to me. Guidelines say submitted addons should have a fanart.jpg. Is that really necessary? And how much localization is necessary (the only string to localize would be the addon description)?
I'm honestly not sure on the details. For the fanart you could just throw in a white or black JPG that is to size and has nothing on it.
I just submitted it. We'll see what happens.
Any word? I don't see it on the repo, so I'm guessing there's an issue?
(2015-04-30, 07:49)Ned Scott Wrote: Any word? I don't see it on the repo, so I'm guessing there's an issue?

Just got reply finally. Had to change version to 1.1.0 instead of 1.1 and add more tags to addon.xml. Resubmitted.

Edit: It's been approved, so I guess it should be up soon.
good job elmerohueso!! this works great
I have profiles setup for the kids (that they can log straight into) and the grown-ups (via a PIN) and this is just what I need to save the need to remember to log off the grown-ups profile. Unfortunately every time I use it, when I come to log back in I find the system has hung at the profile login screen and needs a reboot - any ideas what may be causing this?
Perfect! Just what I needed!
Is this add-on supposed to execute log out function if music is playing? When video is playing, log out is prevented but it seems that this is not the case when music is playing. I'd like not to log out if I'm listening music of course. Can this be fixed?

Here's my debugging log of logging out when music is playing:

http://www.filedropper.com/kodi_2

EDIT: noticed that if music visualization is on, log out is not executed while listening music. Unfortunately, this is not solution for me since I prefer not to use any music visualization.
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Logoff" screensaver0