Movie iso naming
I am using Gotham 13.1 and I am have downloaded an iso files which is a blu ray movie.
When this file is processed I want XBMC to considered this as a blu ray movie since this is the case.
I have named the movie Name.Of.The Movie.BluRay.DTS.whatever.iso

With that the movie is not recognized as blu ray but it assigns the cover that assigns for mkv movies but without the H264 on the cover.

How can I rename the iso movie so that it is recognized as blu ray?
Having .bluray in the title is acceptable. This is a skin-related issue though. So which skin are you using? Then this thread can be moved to the appropriate forum.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I am using Aeon MQ 5 but the naming think isn't a part of XBMC?
Even if I use bluray in the name or not it does not play much difference in my case.
Hi, It really might be dependent on your skin. I'm using aeon and my movie info won't show it as a bluray unless .bluray is the last item before the .iso. It appears to only be cosmetic, but I hope this helps. Peace, BJ
(2014-06-24, 13:44)BJMoose Wrote: Hi, It really might be dependent on your skin. I'm using aeon and my movie info won't show it as a bluray unless .bluray is the last item before the .iso. It appears to only be cosmetic, but I hope this helps. Peace, BJ

I am using the BluRay at the end of the file but this does not do much difference.
MQ5 uses the following naming conventions:

bluray - blu-ray - bdrip (without 3d or 3dbd tag) = Bluray box
bluray - blu-ray - bdrip + 3d or 3dbd = 3D box
3d - 3dbd = 3D box
web = Web box
hdtv = HDTV box
dvd - .iso (without bluray or any other tag) - .ifo = dvd box
All others contents = default box + codec

A example for the bluray case:
filename = moviename.bluray.mkv

Two things to note, if you are using individual folders for your movies, the folder names need to contain the correct tag, and you may want to check what media flags you have set to each tag in skin settings.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2014-06-25, 14:11)Samu-rai Wrote: MQ5 uses the following naming conventions:

bluray - blu-ray - bdrip (without 3d or 3dbd tag) = Bluray box
bluray - blu-ray - bdrip + 3d or 3dbd = 3D box
3d - 3dbd = 3D box
web = Web box
hdtv = HDTV box
dvd - .iso (without bluray or any other tag) - .ifo = dvd box
All others contents = default box + codec

A example for the bluray case:
filename = moviename.bluray.mkv

Two things to note, if you are using individual folders for your movies, the folder names need to contain the correct tag, and you may want to check what media flags you have set to each tag in skin settings.

In my setup I have a folder named Movies and under it there is one folder for each individual movie.
I have 4 different cases in my set up.

1) Bluray RIP which in in \Movies\Moviename and under that most probably BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders. In that case I am using under Media Case the one with description IF THERE IS A NAME TAG COMPATIBLE IN THE FILE OR FOLDER....Also, I have add the BluRay tag for this. No problem here.

2) I have MKV files. In that case I am using under Media Case the one with description IF THERE IS A BLURAY OR BDRIP...THIS CASE WILL BE USED. The ICON that is created using the media codec. No problem here.

3) I have ISO files which are 3D and I am using the 3D case. No problem here.

4) I have ISO files which are bluray rips which are using case number 2 but with no label on the case since no codec is recognized. For this I want it to use case number 1, this is my issue,

What do you mean the folder should contain the correct name tag, what should I use in the folders case number 1?

Thanks for your help.
What I mean is you need to have this structure:

Folder: Avatar.2009.1080p.BluRay
File: Avatar.2009.1080p.BluRay.mkv

(2014-06-25, 23:06)Samu-rai Wrote: What I mean is you need to have this structure:

Folder: Avatar.2009.1080p.BluRay
File: Avatar.2009.1080p.BluRay.mkv

Like I explained my problem in not with the mkv files The movies that are in MKV are discovered succesSfully and are assigned a case with label the codec h264.
The problem are the iso files that are not 3D and are blu ray rips i.e. when iso is mounted you can see the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders.
Now I have named them as Moviename.Bluray.iso. THe movie is discovered just fine but the problem is the case assigned to them. These are blu ray movies but are in the format of ISO.
Forget the MKV extension. I was just using that as an example.

My point is that the folder you have the file in (mkv, iso, avi etc) needs to have the ‘BluRay’ tag too.

As I said earlier, I would also check in the skin settings that the ‘BluRay’ tag is set to the BluRay label.

I haven’t seen others mention this, so there must be something specific to your setup which is causing this.

You need to test and try and locate what it is.

Just as a point, XBMC cannot correctly identify the blu-ray codec from the stream for either a blu-ray disc, or a blu-ray iso. This may or may not have a bearing on some of your cases having no label.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie iso naming0