Solved Musicbrainz Picard Tagging Issues.... Solved Finally?
I think both issues are examples of the problem of "song artist" being different from "artist". I think two things are going on. First is what you are using as an artist "separator" in Kodi and also in Piccard. Second is that when your song file is scanned, the scrape will use the MBIDs it finds and create a new artist entry for each, using as the artist name whatever is the preferred name from MusicBrainz (because you use the "override tag "option). But the music library (database) also stores a different entry for "song artist" and this one does not go through the scraping or override process. So when you open a view that shows the "song artist" you see the song artist entry, not the artist entry. I don't know why it works this way, other than attempt to accommodate a join phrase of "feat." in addition to the normal separator.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
I have been testing around.
There is no difference between ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4 tags (with the correct seperator in the Advanced settings and the Picard config).

Set the Kodi Music setting "Download additional info during updates" OFF. So first scan your complete music collection, and the Kodi music database is filled with the info from the ID3 tags.

Set the Kodi Music setting "Override song tags with online information" ON. Browse to the music Library, go to the Artists view, select context menu, and then do the action "Query info" for all artists. Do the same action for Abums: "Query info for all albums" .

In both cases use the Universal scraper. Now all MBID's are available and the database song titles, album titles and artist information is updates from the MusicBrainz database.

When playing the music, and show the full music window, the artist information is almost correct. Now first is the Albumartist shown and then the Artist tag. This is also valid info for the Artist Slideshow addon, because the first element (the Albumartist) is seperated by a dash "/".

See the result Laugh I'm happy now
Have to admit I've never experimented like that. Will have to play around and see if I can figure out what that process does.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Thanks. I am facing the same issue and the solution of scanning twice (with online override OFF and then OFF) does not appear to be sustainable to me. Is there a way in advancedsettings to disable Kodi reading any MBIDs from the tags? I believe this is the main issue and leads to duplicate display of albumartists and artists with the same name. Thanks in advance!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Now, after all this time, I know the reason WHY! Thank you for sharing that helta and others.
I don't know how it was I wound up on this thread, today? But a year ago, around this time, I REALLY could have used this post because of a few annoying multi-disc sets I had that looked like the same album. I remember trying Picard MusicBrainz with all three OS'es and either all three version hated me or I was too stooooopid to use Picard correctly. Even iTunes didn't work and mp3info told me that the v1 tag was missing. I don't know much about audio tags, but you know how I solved it? Amarok for Linux under the KDE desktop. It has a built in semi-interactive interface for dealing with MusicBrainz and tagging. Also by default does the v2.4 tags. Just wanted to put this info on here in the event that anyone else might find it useful.
(2015-06-17, 23:40)TomFreeloader Wrote: Now, after all this time, I know the reason WHY! Thank you for sharing that helta and others.
I don't know how it was I wound up on this thread, today? But a year ago, around this time, I REALLY could have used this post

StickyHuh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Musicbrainz Picard Tagging Issues.... Solved Finally?0