Solved Musicbrainz Picard Tagging Issues.... Solved Finally?
AFAIK, the "override song tags" works like this:

when a song file is scanned, the artist, album artist, and album names are entered into the music database. If they are provided, the musicbrainz artist id and musicbrainz album id are added to the appropriate library entries, based on a simple first artist is matched to first mbid (in the case of multiple artists). When "override" is on, the scraper uses the mbid to query musicbrainz, and whatever text musicbrainz returns as the artist name, or album title (as appropriate) is stored in place of whatever the tag text was. So in this case it looks like eg "112 feat. Mase" is first entered into the library, and the first mb artist Id is added to it. Then the second mb artist id is added as a new artist. When "override" is on, the artist mb artist id is used to query mb which returns "112" as the artist and this replaces "112 feat. Mase" in the library.

Now the question is how the scanner / tag reader deals with "feat." in the artist tag. I don't use it and have no experience with it so can't help. But ISTM that it should treat "feat." as an artist separator, the same as if the tag was "112 / Mase". But I can tell you from experience that XBMC/Kodi doesn't like multiple artists in the "artist" tag for ID3 v2.3 tags. For this reason I don't use them in MP3 (I use APE, I think others have had success with ID3 v2.4 tags).

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Martix release thread
Leia see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Leia release thread

Messages In This Thread
RE: Musicbrainz Picard Tagging Issues.... Solved Finally? - by scott967 - 2014-11-10, 10:08

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Musicbrainz Picard Tagging Issues.... Solved Finally?0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.