Solved Musicbrainz Picard Tagging Issues.... Solved Finally?
Thanks scott. A week ago your answer 3, while excellently explained, I still wouldn't of had a clue, but this last week I've spent WAY too long learning about tagged, so now fully understand the pro's and con's of the different versions. Tonight I've been learning about ReplayGain. Also need to decide on music player, to use in addition of Kodi (of course Big Grin ). Heard good things about MusicBee so been checking it out, and so far, so good.

I prefer to stick with ID3.2.3 for compatibility reasons, although it would be great if ID3v2.4 was widely accepted as I'd much prefer to use that. I find that most media players/editors accept semicolon as separator, so that's what I use when tagging in ID3v2.3. After jmarshall raised this request, the various separators for MBID's only (not standard tags) are now accepted and read by Kodi, not just for ID3v2.4, but also for ID3v2.3, as demonstrated in my first post. Separator for standard tags (artists, genres etc) can be changed in advancedsettings.xml as always.

Anyone any thoughts on this...

(2014-11-10, 19:07)jackhulk Wrote: Still wondering though, with the option turned OFF, how did Kodi/Universal Scraper identify and use the correct artwork for the featured artists? This wasn't due to leftovers as I deleted music database before re-scanning for each test. Perhaps the 'artists' tag has something to do with it? Noticed that in MB Picard. I'm sure it's a new additional. Asked in Picard forum, but no one is quite sure how this is used. If media players could use this, then there would be no need to use MB artist ID as it seems to be a duplicate.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Musicbrainz Picard Tagging Issues.... Solved Finally? - by jackhulk - 2014-11-11, 03:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Musicbrainz Picard Tagging Issues.... Solved Finally?0