Solved Musicbrainz Picard Tagging Issues.... Solved Finally?
thanks helta for the explanation, it makes a big improvement in organising the library
I experience problems at the next stage. I have tagged all my MP3’s with the MBID’s using Picard. Then did a database rebuild using the options “download additional info during updates” ON and “override song tags with online info” ON. For both scrapers (artist and album) using Universal.

Browsing the library by Genre, Artist or Album looks good for me. But when I go browsing an album, I see the artist name twice! It looks like the format [artist]/[artist] – [song].
This strange behaviour is only available when there is more than 1 MBID in the artist-tag.

Eg. This is visible during browsing

Eg. This is visible in Picard
image hosting

I think it is an Kodi/scraping issue, as the same value is visible in the music database

That excludes that it is in Skin issue. I tried both Confluence and Aeon Nox, and both have the same problem.

I also did some experimenting switching tags from ID3v2.3 to ID3v2.4 (same strange behaviour) and also double checked the advanced music library separator setting. All options result in the same behaviour of showing the artist name twice.

As mentioned earlier the wrong artist name is visible in the browsing window, but also in the playing music windows.
Main screen

And in the music full screen

So can somebody explain me why the artist name is shown twice ? Is the way of tagging incorrect or is there an issue within the Kodi scraper ?

If you like to know why it is a problem for me ? I often use Aeon Nox as skin and that is showing the artist fanart slideshow in the background. And this is not working anymore coz it retrieves the wrong value from Kodi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Musicbrainz Picard Tagging Issues.... Solved Finally? - by mhdebokx - 2015-01-03, 23:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Musicbrainz Picard Tagging Issues.... Solved Finally?0