• 2(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
(2014-07-01, 23:09)pyrodex Wrote: Anyone have a link to a windows build? I have linux systems working but need a client for my desktop windows client.

So i just compiled it for windows and osx 10.9.

You will find it at: https://www.canneasucre.org/owncloud/pub...4750925043
(2014-07-01, 14:53)demianph Wrote: Moving from a all-in-one mythbuntu back/front to a fresh install of mythbuntu as a back-end on one box and xbmcbuntu on my htpc. Couldn't get the default myth plugin to show live TV.

Tried this one.

Setup looks good as it gets the channel info and shows upcoming recordings. It shows recorded programs and the proper screenshot. It hangs when I try to play live TV or any recording though.

I have the feeling I am missing something simple that is tripping me up.

Any ideas?

Need logs: You have to enable (just for a moment!) debug infos in the setting screen of the addon, section advanced "Include more debug information in the log file". Then try to playback TV and then try to playback recording. Finally disable the option and send me the log file (.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log).
Thanks
(2014-07-01, 00:52)rdoac Wrote: Current Tuner Activity
Encoder 1 is currently idle.
Encoder 2 is currently idle.
Encoder 3 is currently idle.
Encoder 4 is currently idle.
Encoder 5 is currently idle.
Encoder 6 is currently idle.
Encoder 7 is currently idle.
Encoder 8 is currently idle.
Encoder 9 is currently idle.
Encoder 10 is currently idle.
Encoder 16 is currently idle.
Encoder 18 is currently idle.
Encoder 20 is currently watching "SportsCenter" on Live TV.
Frontend Status
hp Online
newhp Online
oac Online

Can't go to channel 17 after coming home from work. It was streaming 23.

You have to check if you have an other encoder linked to the same card of the encoder 20. In my sample you can see the physical tuner card linked with encoder:

Encoder 1 [ DVB : /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 ]
Encoder 2 [ DVB : /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 ]
Encoder 3 [ DVB : /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 ]
Encoder 4 [ DVB : /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 ]

It depends of your config (done with mythtv-setup).
I've just followed your instruction on the previous page, and install it.

in the log I get:

Quote:DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: Loading settings...done
21:58:16 T:4545839104 DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: Creating MythTV client...
21:58:16 T:4545839104 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)WSResponse: error (500): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><detail><errorCode>501</errorCode><errorDescription>No Security Pin assigned. Run mythtv-setup to set one.</errorDescription></detail>
21:58:16 T:4545839104 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)CheckVersion: invalid response
21:58:16 T:4545839104 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)CheckService: MythTV API service is unavailable: 127.0.0.1:6544
21:58:16 T:4545839104 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)WSResponse: error (500): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><detail><errorCode>501</errorCode><errorDescription>No Security Pin assigned. Run mythtv-setup to set one.</errorDescription></detail>
21:58:16 T:4545839104 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)CheckVersion: invalid response
21:58:16 T:4545839104 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)CheckService: MythTV API service is unavailable: 127.0.0.1:6544
21:58:16 T:4545839104 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: Failed to connect to MythTV backend on 127.0.0.1:6544
21:58:16 T:4545839104 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client:
21:58:16 T:4545839104 DEBUG: Calling TransferSettings for: MythTV PVR Client
21:58:16 T:4545839104 ERROR: PVR - couldn't get the capabilities for add-on 'unknown'. Please contact the developer of this add-on: Christian Fetzer, Jean-Luc Barrière

I get the same error with the one you've built above.

This is use against a 0.27 backend

any ideas?
JYA, greetings.

Is this on the same machine as the backend? I note the 127.0.0.1.

I also note the 'no security pin assigned'.

But you are a clever fellow and no doubt saw the same.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
yes, it's a combo machine (my mac)

I saw the pin issue.
why should I have to assign a pin on my setup when I don't want to have a pin...
[/quote]

You have to check if you have an other encoder linked to the same card of the encoder 20. In my sample you can see the physical tuner card linked with encoder:

Encoder 1 [ DVB : /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 ]
Encoder 2 [ DVB : /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 ]
Encoder 3 [ DVB : /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 ]
Encoder 4 [ DVB : /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 ]

It depends of your config (done with mythtv-setup).
[/quote]

I'm using an HDHomerun Prime with cable card. It has 3 tuners, but I can't multiplex them. The OTA HDHomerun have the possibility to multiplex, so I have two encoders set to each device. However, Myth will just open another tuner if necessary - but it seems this plugin won't or can't.

Here is my list as above from mythweb.

Encoder 1 [ HDHOMERUN : 1015D333-0 ] is local on oac and is not recording.
Encoder 2 [ HDHOMERUN : 1015D333-0 ] is local on oac and is not recording.
Encoder 3 [ HDHOMERUN : 1015D333-1 ] is local on oac and is not recording.
Encoder 4 [ HDHOMERUN : 1015D333-1 ] is local on oac and is not recording.
Encoder 5 [ HDHOMERUN : 1018D4DC-0 ] is local on oac and is not recording.
Encoder 6 [ HDHOMERUN : 1018D4DC-0 ] is local on oac and is not recording.
Encoder 7 [ HDHOMERUN : 1018D4DC-1 ] is local on oac and is not recording.
Encoder 8 [ HDHOMERUN : 1018D4DC-1 ] is local on oac and is not recording.
Encoder 9 [ DVB : /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 ] is local on oac and is not recording.
Encoder 10 [ DVB : /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 ] is local on oac and is not recording.
Encoder 16 [ HDHOMERUN : 1310BED3-0 ] is local on oac and is not recording.
Encoder 18 [ HDHOMERUN : 1310BED3-1 ] is local on oac and is not recording.
Encoder 20 [ HDHOMERUN : 1310BED3-2 ] is local on oac and is not recording.
Some clarification question on this new addon:
  1. Is this addon ready for usage on a main HTPC to replace the old cmyth one?
  2. Does this new addon have any new features that the old cmyth one does not?
  3. Is the old cmyth code now basically frozen? (i.e. no future fixes/features)
  4. If the you currently have the cmyth one working on linux, is it just a simple replacement of one for the other using the PPA?

I'm trying to determine if I should switch my main HTPC over to this addon and disable cmyth or stick with cmyth for now...

Thanks.
(2014-07-02, 14:36)jyavenard Wrote: yes, it's a combo machine (my mac)

I saw the pin issue.
why should I have to assign a pin on my setup when I don't want to have a pin...

You have to set the pin to "0000" to enable API services "without pin check" as explain in mythtv-setup.
Else no pin == no API services
(2014-07-02, 21:46)tknorris Wrote: Some clarification question on this new addon:
  1. Is this addon ready for usage on a main HTPC to replace the old cmyth one?
  2. Does this new addon have any new features that the old cmyth one does not?
  3. Is the old cmyth code now basically frozen? (i.e. no future fixes/features)
  4. If the you currently have the cmyth one working on linux, is it just a simple replacement of one for the other using the PPA?

I'm trying to determine if I should switch my main HTPC over to this addon and disable cmyth or stick with cmyth for now...

Thanks.
[1] It is ready for usage on a main HTPC with xbmc Gotham and it supports MythTV 0.27 -> 0.28-pre.
[2] It hasn't new features for the eyes of end user, but it implements better some features:
It handles correctly recording metadata (covers, banners ...). The old addon cannot load them as expected.
Code of LiveTV and recording playback have been rewriten from scratch and they don't over read the buffer like the old addon. It seems to resolve playback failures with exotic tuner or when your backend is over loaded.
It allows to adjust the tuning delay (5 sec -> 30 sec) depending of your devices (see setting screen).
Global performance enhancement.
However it does not handle commercial skip. Today the backend API hasn't service for that. I pushed a proposal but it is not included until now.
[3] The old addon and its cmyth fork is now frozen: I don't maintain it anymore. But anyone could take over this project.
[4] The PPA doesn't replace the old. It add only the new addon. So you have to disable the old and then enable the new to switch.
Thanks for the response. You had me right up to the no commercial skip! I just got EDL support with Gotham and I'm not willing to give it up just yet. ;-)
Well I have set my XBMC to always show channels in the EPG that don't have any guide data, but your addon seems to ignore this?
It can compile with 2010 one month ago. But since master repository use VS2013, i upgraded the project too. So now you have to compile with VS2013.
(2014-07-04, 14:12)bergqvistjl Wrote: Well I have set my XBMC to always show channels in the EPG that don't have any guide data, but your addon seems to ignore this?
It can compile with 2010 one month ago. But since master repository use VS2013, i upgraded the project too. So now you have to compile with VS2013.

The addon doesn't handle channel would be displayed or hidden in the EPG screen. This is probably a XBMC issue or missed feature. Also i don't anderstand what is the usage to show empty EPG screen, thinking some users have +300 channels and lot of them without epg data !
Hi all , I am having problems watching live tv , using the addon and mythtv . maybe I am missing something , (forgive me , its my first time using both) .
-I install mythtv on xbmcbuntu , connected to my analog tv card , I am able to watch tv using the default mythtv frontend .
- I compiled this addon , made sure the pin was 0000 on the backend as requested
- Xbmc is able to retrieve EPG data from mythtv .

issue : when I tune to a channel , it says Channel unavailable . So I enabled debug , and also Addon log files if that can help .
I posted my log file. maybe someone can help me .

Thanks!

log :
http://pastebin.com/DG7R0bvu

MythTV 0.27.20140323-1
(2014-07-06, 18:07)Djangostar Wrote: Hi all , I am having problems watching live tv , using the addon and mythtv . maybe I am missing something , (forgive me , its my first time using both) .
-I install mythtv on xbmcbuntu , connected to my analog tv card , I am able to watch tv using the default mythtv frontend .
- I compiled this addon , made sure the pin was 0000 on the backend as requested
- Xbmc is able to retrieve EPG data from mythtv .

issue : when I tune to a channel , it says Channel unavailable . So I enabled debug , and also Addon log files if that can help .
I posted my log file. maybe someone can help me .

Thanks!

log :
http://pastebin.com/DG7R0bvu

MythTV 0.27.20140323-1

Hi,

Seems your tuner has a slow tuning:

Code:
11:23:30 T:140161462933248   ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)SpawnLiveTV: tune delay exceeded (5000ms)

Try to increase the "tuning delay" to 15 sec or more. To do that, you have to go to the addon setting screen in the section "Advanced".
Let me know. Thanks

Probably i should default this setting to 30 sec by default. But also it is great to have a quick response when channel is unavailable. Please let me know what is the best Huh
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1