pvr.mythtv add-on
Thanks teeedubb.

For anyone else with poor linux skills, I did:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jlbarriere68/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get remove kodi-pvr-mythtv
sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-mythtv-krypton

Its now running 4.15
(2017-02-13, 09:44)janbar Wrote: Yes an issue exists. I noticed the problem since xbmc Isengard. Before on helix and gotham that worked very well. Now seeking accross program break make me scary. I m always afraid of crashing kodi and my current show. Sadly I haven t time to learn xbmc code on the live player.

Last time skiping back to the begining of the show, because I had to cook a good meal, the player became frozen and the audio made crazy sounds. I just had the time to press the record button and kodi has crashed. Unfortunately debug was not enabled. Still the backtrace.

So, yeah,

I've noticed a lot of regressions since moving from Jarvis to Krypton

1.) Playback will crash if trying to skip/fast forward/rewind once crossing scheduled show boundaries, as mentioned above.

2.) Certain channels with poor quality streams will freeze/crash playback. This used to happen in Helix and earlier, but went away in Isengard and Jarvis. Now in Krypton it is back. (this is quite a frustration to my Fiance and stepmother trying to watch brazilian TV channels in the U.S. The quality of the mpeg stream is not as good as other channels, and it freezes/crashes often.

3.) Commercials no longer skip on recordings. Instead I get a notification of a commercial break and it's length, and (usually) a frozen black screen.

Does anyone know if these are issues with Kodi itself, or with the plugin, and if they have been properly reported such that they are being worked on?

This is frustrating enough, that it has be considering rolling back to Jarvis, but unless I am mistaken, Jarvis no longer appears to be in the XBMC Team PPA?

Frustrating.
Livingroom: 65" Panasonic Plasma, Denon AVR-x3300w, Parasound A31, Fronts: RBH SX-6300 Towers, Center: RBH 441-se, Surrounds: RBH 41-se Sub: Dual SVS PC13-Ultra, Source: Custom Kodi Box
Desk: DAC: Schiit Modi Multibit,Headphones: Schiit Jotunheim -> Sennheiser HD650 & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Speakers: Parasound 275v2-> RBH 41-se & SVS SB12-NSD
3 is fixed in 17.1

You can install old version from the ppa https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archiv...u/kodi-old
(2017-03-26, 01:25)teeedubb Wrote: 3 is fixed in 17.1

Ah, thanks for that.

I hadn't even noticed the update was out.

I get so paranoid about updating my Kodi boxes, as there are almost always regressions. MythTV is similar. I guess video based stuff is difficult to do right.
Livingroom: 65" Panasonic Plasma, Denon AVR-x3300w, Parasound A31, Fronts: RBH SX-6300 Towers, Center: RBH 441-se, Surrounds: RBH 41-se Sub: Dual SVS PC13-Ultra, Source: Custom Kodi Box
Desk: DAC: Schiit Modi Multibit,Headphones: Schiit Jotunheim -> Sennheiser HD650 & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Speakers: Parasound 275v2-> RBH 41-se & SVS SB12-NSD
Yeah I know what youbmean. In the past I've happily run betas as soon as they were available, but this Kodi update is making me consider holding off till a point release in the future.
MythTV backend .28 on mythbuntu 16.04... Kodi 17.1 frontend temporarily on Windows 10 pro. MythTV PVR issue (I think).

When looking at the guide, and I select a show I want to record, I select "record"....it created a timer to record the show right before the one I selected. GRRrrr!

I've just spent over an hour going back through the configuration of both backend and front end looking for anything that would cause this and came up empty.

Date and times are correct on both, timezones are correct on both, DST enabled on both.....
(2017-03-27, 01:09)Smallmountains Wrote: MythTV backend .28 on mythbuntu 16.04... Kodi 17.1 frontend temporarily on Windows 10 pro. MythTV PVR issue (I think).

When looking at the guide, and I select a show I want to record, I select "record"....it created a timer to record the show right before the one I selected. GRRrrr!

I've just spent over an hour going back through the configuration of both backend and front end looking for anything that would cause this and came up empty.

Date and times are correct on both, timezones are correct on both, DST enabled on both.....

Happens to me occasionally as well. A reboot usually fixes the problem. Mythweb is a good way to fix recordings instead of the epg
Running the latest LibreElec I find if I playback a PVR recording via the web interface or Android remote it always crashes Kodi. Usually if I try and play it again it will play on the second attempt. All other media such as movies and tv shows play back correctly without a crash.
In the log files the only difference I can see between a successful playback and a crash is the following line:

Code:
ERROR: CPVRManager - UpdateItem - no channel tag provided

The full crash log can be found here: https://pastebin.com/ZWng51Dp

Any idea what is causing this or how to debug it further?
(2017-03-27, 01:09)Smallmountains Wrote: MythTV backend .28 on mythbuntu 16.04... Kodi 17.1 frontend temporarily on Windows 10 pro. MythTV PVR issue (I think).

There is two possible root cause. First is day light saving occured and then you have to restart kodi (I don t know why the dls flag isn t assigned correctly for times following the transition, so restart kodi). Second is overlap of programs in epg: the addon find the first program having end time following the selected start time.

(2017-03-28, 22:13)smee204 Wrote: Running the latest LibreElec I find if I playback a PVR recording via the web interface or Android remote it always crashes Kodi. Usually if I try and play it again it will play on the second attempt. All other media such as movies and tv shows play back correctly without a crash.
In the log files the only difference I can see between a successful playback and a crash is the following line:

Code:
ERROR: CPVRManager - UpdateItem - no channel tag provided

The full crash log can be found here: https://pastebin.com/ZWng51Dp

Any idea what is causing this or how to debug it further?
Hi,

I'm noticing a crash always on KODI startup for the first time. Starting it a second time usually works without crashing. At the end of the KODI log for the crashed session is always the below:

17:57:24.630 T:2900 ERROR: CPVRTimerType::CreateFromIds unable to resolve numeric timer type (6, 505077715)
17:57:24.630 T:2900 ERROR: PVR::CPVRTimerInfoTag::CPVRTimerInfoTag: no timer type, although timers are supported by client 505077715!
17:57:24.631 T:2900 ERROR: CPVRTimerType::CreateFromIds unable to resolve numeric timer type (6, 505077715)
17:57:24.631 T:2900 ERROR: PVR::CPVRTimerInfoTag::CPVRTimerInfoTag: no timer type, although timers are supported by client 505077715!
17:57:24.631 T:2900 ERROR: CPVRTimerType::CreateFromIds unable to resolve numeric timer type (6, 505077715)
17:57:24.631 T:2900 ERROR: PVR::CPVRTimerInfoTag::CPVRTimerInfoTag: no timer type, although timers are supported by client 505077715!

That is repeated about 50 times in the log. I'm running 17.1 on Windows 10. Any ideas on what is causing these errors and crash?

thx
I remember reading something about this a while ago, but cannot find it again.

The issue is that the kodi epg genres do not match the mythtv ones, and the kodi epg ends up with other/unknown etc.
I found one article suggesting a wrapper for mythfilldatabase, but I thought there may be an easier fix, hopefully by modifying mythconverg database
Is 5.0.9.1 the latest version? I'm running a wrxtasy build for Odroid C2. Sometimes after exiting playback of Live TV, the Odroid becomes unresponsive. Using SSH, I will see gdb running and consuming 100%. Killing the looping gdb results in a restart of Kodi on the box. Something is crashing, but I don't know exactly what. I'm more inclined to believe that videoplayer is blame, but it could be the addon I suppose.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
I also noticed huge regressions of MythTV Integration in KODI since Krypton. Meanwhile with KODI 17.1 I'm not able to add a new Channel Group with selected channels. If I do so KODI crashes immediately after restart.

kodi.log does't notice it - if I enable debug logging I see the same errors as mentioned in #1555 from user leejk.

Apple's Crash Log unveils following:

Code:
Thread 12 Crashed:
0   org.xbmc.kodi                       0x0000000108259bbe dbiplus::SqliteDataset::query(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&) + 894
1   org.xbmc.kodi                       0x000000010824b07f CDatabase::ResultQuery(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&) + 127
2   org.xbmc.kodi                       0x00000001081f5e2c EPG::CEpgDatabase::Get(EPG::CEpgContainer&) + 92
3   org.xbmc.kodi                       0x00000001081eb7c4 EPG::CEpgContainer::LoadFromDB() + 436
4   org.xbmc.kodi                       0x00000001081eb4b2 EPG::CEpgContainer::Start(bool) + 354
5   org.xbmc.kodi                       0x00000001081ef100 CEPGContainerStartJob::DoWork() + 96
6   org.xbmc.kodi                       0x000000010803967c CJobWorker::Process() + 140
7   org.xbmc.kodi                       0x00000001080c064f CThread::Action() + 31
8   org.xbmc.kodi                       0x00000001080bf315 CThread::staticThread(void*) + 229
9   libsystem_pthread.dylib             0x00007fffa5e8aaab _pthread_body + 180
10  libsystem_pthread.dylib             0x00007fffa5e8a9f7 _pthread_start + 286
11  libsystem_pthread.dylib             0x00007fffa5e8a1fd thread_start + 13

This never happened in Jarvis!

Regards,
Harald
MythTV backend .28 on mythbuntu 16.04... Kodi 17.1 frontend temporarily on Windows 10 pro. MythTV PVR issue (I think).

[/quote]
There is two possible root cause. First is day light saving occured and then you have to restart kodi (I don t know why the dls flag isn t assigned correctly for times following the transition, so restart kodi). Second is overlap of programs in epg: the addon find the first program having end time following the selected start time.

Three things will keep me from continuing to use this...1, doing anything while the guide is syncing with the backend will crash Kodi. 2. create a sub group of "favorite" channels, and the next time you turn the Kodi box on, all the channels are gone from the user defined group. 3. Selecting a program to record and the program before it will record....btw, when you select to record the channel, the confirmation is correct and matches what I have selected, but the recording is of the program prior to the one I selected.
(2017-03-29, 09:02)janbar Wrote:

I can think of a possible reason for this....

If you are using EIT over the air guide, mythbackend will continuously update show start and end times as the broadcaster adjusts for sporting events / live programs etc...
Kodi only updates guide data from the backend periodically (every 120 minutes by default - it's a setting under PVR & Live TV / Guide/Update Interval) or when you restart kodi.

(2017-03-29, 09:02)janbar Wrote: Second is overlap of programs in epg: the addon find the first program having end time following the selected start time.

Theory: When you ask kodi to record a show, pvr.mythtv gets the show start time and channel from the kodi guide and asks the backend to record the first programme which ends after that start time.

If on the backend the show before yours now finishes a little later (even 1 second), it will be the first show to finish after your selected start time, and a timer will be set up to record the wrong show!

Question: Does the addon choose the show to record based on an end time, or is this choice made by the backend?

I've never seen this problem myself, but I get my guide data from schedules direct between 2 and 4 am each morning and kodi starts when I turn my TV on. This means if a show starts early or late on the day I miss part of it (all my recordings start 5 minutes early and finish 5 minutes late as a work-around using the mythbackend global option for this), but the backend always sets up a timer for the show I select in the kodi guide.

Possible solutions:
  1. Use schedules direct instead of EIT guide data
  2. Capture your EIT data in 'window' mode (https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10076)
  3. Change the pvr.mythtv client in some way to cater for the possibility that backend schedule data may have been updated (or show start and end times overlap slightly)

You could probably do '3' by querying guide data for the selected start time and taking appropriate action if the wrong show is reported. This wouldn't be simple and probably needs to be debugged by someone using your guide data over a reasonable timeframe to ensure it can deal with the most common re-scheduling scenarios.

You never know, @janbar may be able to come up with an easy solution to the problem :-)

NB: I am running a patched version of Janbar's add-on with changes to setting up timers, but suspect this problem is more likely to be guide data related.
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1