Linux install frodo in stead of Gotham
Hi

I just installed Ubuntu mini 13.04 and I also installed the repo: ppa:team-xbmc/ppa.
I installed XBMC, but it installed 12.3 in stead of 13.1, how can I solve this?

Thx

S.
13.04 is not supported anymore. Ubuntu stopped it: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Why have you just installed a no-longer-supported OS? That's the problem - 13.04 went end-of-life earlier this year, before Gotham came out, so there are no official builds.

You'll have to find an unofficial PPA that still builds for Raring, or build it yourself. Or upgrade your OS :-)
:-) thanks for the quick reply guys, so if I update to 13.10 I shoud be ok?
I am not such a hugh linux user, so I had no idea ... I just followed some minimal ubuntu install guides which said to use this one ...
13.10 is almost eol too, canonical supports non LTS versions for 9 months. Install 14.04.

Of you're not a huge Linux user starting with minimal can be daunting.. Why not just use xbmcbuntu?
+1 to 14.04 if you want a full-fat Linux distro that'll last a while. Or Openelec if you want something quick-and-reliable that just does XBMC.
I tried the latest openelec, I usually take this one, but I have serious issues with my Zotac box wireless connection when installing the latest drop.
So I thought i'd try out ubuntu, where I could also use a browser and some other stuff which might be usefull...

Anyways I upgraded the system , now it is:
Linux starter 3.11.0-24-generic #41-Ubuntu SMP Mon Jun 9 20:36:00 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

But of course as expected, I got the following error when installing XBMC again:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
xbmc : Depends: xbmc-bin (< 2:12.0~git20130103.0959-rc3-0ubuntu4.1~) but 2:12.3~git20131213.0944-frodo-0raring is to be installed
Recommends: python-gtk2 but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Seems again it wants to install 12.3, but this time I got some errors,

so 2 questions this time:
How do I get 13.1
How do overcome these errors
Just use xbmcbuntu v14 - after installation run: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

and all is latest and greatest.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
ok, busy upgrading again
done, and working!
Now I should look for the shutdown button to really poweroff the machine ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
install frodo in stead of Gotham0