Customization Help
First of all, let me say that I've been using this skin pretty much since it was first released. It's simply gorgeous.

Recently, though, I fell in love with the home screen of the Maximinimalism theme. The single of row of icons that lead to the various section of your library just looks so good to me. However, I'm disappointed with pretty much everything else about Maximinimalism. The library views look a little clunky. I hate that it doesn't allow thumbnail views, etc.

So what I want to do is replace the the words on the Bello home menu - TV Shows, Movis, Music, etc. - with icons. Here's what the Maximinimalism screen looks like to give you an example of what I want: http://i.imgur.com/vjym6kN.jpg (ignore the clock widget at the bottom. I just want the icons).

Is there any way to do this? I've dug through some of the XMLs and can't really figure it out. I realize I'm probably out of luck, but just thought I'd ask Smile
I'm more familiar with 1.5.5 and haven't had much of a chance to look at 2.0.4 just yet but I think it should be mostly pretty similar. Look in the IncludesStaticContent.xml and within <include name="HomeMainMenuContent"> you'll see loads <item id="1"> kind of things. Within these are the code for each button in the wraplist which is the home menu (to make it like the other one you'll probably want to stop it from scrolling, I forget which tag it is for that but it's in the wiki).

The bits where it says, eg <label>$LOCALIZE[31002]</label>, are the text that is written in the buttons. Those localize strings pull the string from the strings.po file in "skin.bello\language\English" folder. You can remove that label control and put something else in to use an image instead. It'll probabl be a little more complicated than that but it should be the basics of it.
@xbmcjas

Quote:However, I'm disappointed with pretty much everything else about Maximinimalism. The library views look a little clunky. I hate that it doesn't allow thumbnail views, etc.

Please do pass on details of your skin design when you've made it buddy. I look forward to critiquing all your hard work as comprehensively as you have mine.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2014-06-30, 21:53)Twinnie Wrote: I'm more familiar with 1.5.5 and haven't had much of a chance to look at 2.0.4 just yet but I think it should be mostly pretty similar. Look in the IncludesStaticContent.xml and within <include name="HomeMainMenuContent"> you'll see loads <item id="1"> kind of things. Within these are the code for each button in the wraplist which is the home menu (to make it like the other one you'll probably want to stop it from scrolling, I forget which tag it is for that but it's in the wiki).

The bits where it says, eg <label>$LOCALIZE[31002]</label>, are the text that is written in the buttons. Those localize strings pull the string from the strings.po file in "skin.bello\language\English" folder. You can remove that label control and put something else in to use an image instead. It'll probabl be a little more complicated than that but it should be the basics of it.

Thanks! I'll give it a try this weekend.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Customization Help0