• 1(current)
Release AutoSubs - Auto trigger subtitle searcher/downloader

AutoSubs
Automatically trigger subtitle searcher when no local subtitles are available.

We all know it's possible to map a key on your remote or keyboard to open subtitle searcher but me and others thought this could be more streamlined, less user interaction.
So after raising the question if such was possible amet provided us a simple script that did the job
Meanwhile several options and functions have been added and it isn't that basic any more. And I thought it is time to push it to official XBMC addon repo.

Any feedback and contributions are welcome.

Features:
  • Exclude media paths
  • Exclude words in complete media path/media file
  • Exclude based on video duration
  • Exclude predefined sources, LiveTV, HTTP
  • Only trigger for specific language

Installation:
current version: 1.0.0 (Gotham/Frodo)
download: In official XBMC repository
github: https://github.com/amet/service.autosubs

Configure addon in Addon section under Services

Credits:
amet (original code), CaTz, Mafarricos, sagiben
Thank you sooooo much, this is a GREAT add-on and also a thank you for Amet
i tested this addon. it's fairly decent of pickin subs for movies. i didn't know why it didn't autoload some subs when it almost an exact match. hmmm. tv shows on the other hand was not good. wether its my own library or stream files that is integrated into my library, it failed miserably. usually window pops up for u to manually select, but this will defeat the purpose of this addon.

is there a way to configure addon? i couldnt find it.
Under services in Addon section.
Try enabling debug in addon and xbmc if problem persist.
Alex, the addon doesn't download subtitles, only triggers the search in the subtitles service selected as default. You have to select the subtitle to download anyway.
There is a PR which already has merged in helix that auto download first hit. PR is backwards compatible with Gotham. I must say it worked better in Frodo, auto download synced sub. Anyway it's better then nothing.
@ Mafarricos - i realize what u are sayin now. it does gor movies though. my question is...why does it download for movies well at times, but not for tv shows even though there's an exact match? even when it doesn't find any subs, the pop up window is there right in ur face;. it shouldn't display it. I find the pop up window annoyin if ur watchin back to back tv shows.

@ schumi2004 - is PR compatible w/ gotham? where can we find it?
The addon doesn't know if subtitle service is going to pick up subtitles. That's with the subtitles addon.

If you are saying that you already have subtitles and popups anyway its another thing.

If you are talking about finding subtitles you have to check with the subtitles addon, can be a bug there. Use another service or so.

About the PR if you use a nightly you will pick it up. Will be in the same settings were you setup default subtitles service.
nice one!

now, enjoy maintaing it and dealing with vague user description of the issues and problems Big Grin
(2014-06-30, 22:31)alexp4re Wrote: @ schumi2004 - is PR compatible w/ gotham? where can we find it?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4648

I'm using it in Gotham, works perfect.
(2014-07-01, 12:40)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2014-06-30, 22:31)alexp4re Wrote: @ schumi2004 - is PR compatible w/ gotham? where can we find it?

How to use/enable this in Gotham?..
(2014-07-01, 12:48)FAMMAR Wrote:
(2014-07-01, 12:40)schumi2004 Wrote:

You need to apply patch and compile source yourself.
I have a Generic x86_64 OpenELEC version available with patch applied if wanted?
(2014-07-01, 13:32)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2014-07-01, 12:48)FAMMAR Wrote:
(2014-07-01, 12:40)schumi2004 Wrote: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4648

I have a Generic x86_64 OpenELEC version available with patch applied if wanted?

Thanks for your reply, but I am running on a Pi OE 4.0.6 and am not so handy in compiling and patching Smile
(2014-07-01, 13:39)FAMMAR Wrote:
(2014-07-01, 13:32)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2014-07-01, 12:48)FAMMAR Wrote: How to use/enable this in Gotham?..

Thanks for your reply, but I am running on a Pi OE 4.0.6 and am not so handy in compiling and patching Smile

It's easy but i'll upload RPi version for you.
(2014-07-01, 13:41)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2014-07-01, 13:39)FAMMAR Wrote:
(2014-07-01, 13:32)schumi2004 Wrote: You need to apply patch and compile source yourself.

It's easy but i'll upload RPi version for you.

That will be great, thank you and please tell me how to Smile
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AutoSubs - Auto trigger subtitle searcher/downloader0