Linux Gotham crashing with mysql video database
Hi,

I upgraded my Ubuntu version to 14.04(3.11.0-23-generic #40-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jun 4 21:05:23 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux), and as of today have applied all patches to the system. I also upgraded every system in my house to use xbmc Gotham (3 - android devices, 1 XBMCBUNTU (re-installed fromt the site and upgraded to 10.04, and installed 13.1 from ppa) and 2 windows boxes. I have a mysql database with my library shared. all the systems can access the database perfectly fine except my Ubuntu box. If I have no mention of the mysql database in my advancedsetting.xml, then xbmc loads fine. If I put my shared music library into advancedsetting.xml, it will still work. As soon as I put in my shared video library it crashes xbmc. I installed the latest from PPA as of June 28th. Im not home right now so I can't get the exact GIT revision for you right now.

I am running mysql version Ver 15.1 Distrib 5.5.37-MariaDB

My log file is here Log File

I've searched online and everyone says to delete the database, but every other device can use the database fine, so I know thats not the issue.

If you need anything else please let me know.
That is not a debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Take the <name> tags out of the database settings in your advancedsettings.xml
Sorry I must have grabbed the wrong one.

Here is my debug log

http://paste.ubuntu.com/7732886/
The advancedsettings.XML works on 5 other devices including a Linux one with the <name> tag, why would it not work on just one system? Also if I do that will it still be able to find the database I already have?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham crashing with mysql video database1