ADT-1 for XBMC
Here is my version of XBMC for ADT-1.

It looks like I am getting a lot of "Script failed" errors when trying to run add-ons. Any advice would be appreciated.
Here's a public link to the APK that I recompiled, was PM'ing people but just decided I'll put it up: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1529...d_xbmc.apk
(2014-08-12, 17:39)kentoe Wrote: Here's a public link to the APK that I recompiled, was PM'ing people but just decided I'll put it up: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1529...d_xbmc.apk

what is so special about the apk you build?

Current 14.0 nightly builds can run on it as well.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-08-12, 17:46)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-08-12, 17:39)kentoe Wrote: Here's a public link to the APK that I recompiled, was PM'ing people but just decided I'll put it up: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1529...d_xbmc.apk

what is so special about the apk you build?

Current 14.0 nightly builds can run on it as well.

Oh, don't get me wrong, it runs perfectly fine as a standalone apk downloadable from the XBMC site. However, it won't show up in the leanback launcher properly unless you add specific manifest information as seen here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1744777

Otherwise you have to go into Settings -> Apps -> Launch which is really annoying

(2014-08-06, 23:02)ferman360 Wrote: It looks like I am getting a lot of "Script failed" errors when trying to run add-ons. Any advice would be appreciated.

Maybe try the APK I posted a link to, the image you posted looks a bit older. I haven't tried many add-ons though.
which was included two days ago Wink
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-08-12, 17:53)Martijn Wrote: which was included two days ago Wink

Fantastic Smile I don't pay super close attention to the nightlies. Apologies
How are you guys sideloading this apk?
(2014-08-06, 23:02)ferman360 Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 23:02)ferman360 Wrote: It looks like I am getting a lot of "Script failed" errors when trying to run add-ons. Any advice would be appreciated.

Maybe try the APK I posted a link to, the image you posted looks a bit older. I haven't tried many add-ons though.

I actually used the Gotham 13.2 version. It is the logo that I chose that looks a bit outdated. After some testing, I am able to install add-ons without any problems, but none of them run. I get the "Script failed" errors on just about any add-ons. I tried a bunch of stuff, none of it worked. Please let me know if you figure something out.
(2014-08-19, 18:36)movie94 Wrote: How are you guys sideloading this apk?

Connect it to your PC with the included developer cable (powered USB Y adapter). Then "adb install ***.apk"
(2014-08-19, 22:07)ICPGr8Milenko Wrote:
(2014-08-19, 18:36)movie94 Wrote: How are you guys sideloading this apk?

Connect it to your PC with the included developer cable (powered USB Y adapter). Then "adb install ***.apk"

Thanks!

I find another way of installing it..
Hi All, I've now received ADT-1 and Just installed XBMC on it. However, it seems like it's not aligned on my TV screen. I can see grey/silver line on top and little icon cutting at bottom. Any suggestion pls.

I used wifi mode to install this app using

adb connect <ip addres>:4321
adb install <apk_name>.apk and it worked for me.

No need to use a developer cable.
(2014-09-16, 00:33)bhavikpatel Wrote: Hi All, I've now received ADT-1 and Just installed XBMC on it. However, it seems like it's not aligned on my TV screen. I can see grey/silver line on top and little icon cutting at bottom. Any suggestion pls.

Disable overscan on your TV. I had this issue on my Samsung TV.
It is Picture Size = Fit on my TV.

If it doesn't work, try a different HDMI port.

You could also set the zoom level in XBMC Appearance settings.

Disabling overscan would be applicable throughout Android TV interface, while setting zoom level is for XBMC only.
Looks like Asus will have an Android TV box coming out. Some info. here (use Google Translate).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Hello
I just got my adt-1 from google and installed the kodi nightly. Working great so far.

I was wondering if anyone out there has the adt-1 and the pulse-eight hdmi-cec adapter. You know where I'm going with this?

To my disappointment, the adt-1 has the same hdmi-cec support as chromecast which is basically switch tv on and to the correct input. Non of the play/pause commands work. Though I think everyone would agree that no matter how one flings a video to the TV, once it's there it is only natural to reach for the TV remote control to, well, control it.
From a user interface point of view, I don't see why such a feature wasn't included in chromecast or the adt-1

So my question, if anyone has both adt-1 and pulse eight hdmi-cec adapter, are you able control xbmc using your remote control? or Say the adt-1 interface itself?

Thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ADT-1 for XBMC2