[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay
Didn't investigate that but i assume it. Also the youtube.app sets streamtype to 1 Smile (still no clue how that strange url from yt.app can be used).

The problem is that the photo app doesn't react to the events. e.x. if i pause or seek on xbmc - the photo app doesn't reflect it. YT from safari does.

Also once the movie was played once from photo app (same for safari yt) i am not able to "restart" it. Once i push play again the screen on the ios8 device just goes black and nothing is sent to XBMC. The only thing it does is requesting the "server-info" (which holds Xbmc,1 , srcvers, proto and feature flags <- similar to the bonjour announcement).

It seems there are new keys added in that server-info xml and the client expects something in there which we don't send. Its nearly impossible to figure out which keys/values are supported now as all other devices encrypt all the messages with fairplay.

Also if i set the version in the server-info xml to the same from bonjour (150.33) i get urls with the new /play scheme (like i figured out during ios7 development). Also the url then contains an ipv6 url like http://[fe80::1441:ccba:a356:3564]:7001//1/e9b6f10d-b316-5b0a-8c0e-46c09aa39718.MOV - unfortunately XBMCs player doesn't support this url format (yet?). So i can't do any further tests with "correct" protocol version in the server-info xml before someone fixes the player ipv6 support Sad
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Messages In This Thread
RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay - by Memphiz - 2014-09-25, 23:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay1