[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay
(2014-09-26, 11:51)Memphiz Wrote: Another updatte. This time i added the rate==0 "/play" which wants us to start paused. This still only works for the very first video in photo app. If you want to hit play again the ios device just goes black and doesn't send anything to XBMC. I have no clue how to further fix this tbh.
Don't loose heart, good progress is being made. Smile

I can verify what you're saying about the photos app - it seems to me like some sort of caching is going on where the airplay receiver is expected to remember the last few videos that have been requested - a bit like the photo cache.

Perhaps when the video reaches the end the xbmc should remember the URL of the last played video then if it receives another rate=1 message (which is used to unpause ?) it should start playing the most recent video from the beginning again ? The blank screen on the iOS device could just be the iOS device waiting for this to (never) happen...

It looks like once the end of the video is reached xbmc terminates the playback session completely and perhaps the iOS device is expecting it to maintain a connection waiting for more commands (such as replaying the same clip from the beginning ?)

What's the best way to monitor the control channel messages - just a packet sniffer running on the xbmc box ? And how did you extract the plist you posted earlier that had rate 0 ?

If I can monitor the control messages in real time maybe I can spot a pattern...
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay - by DBMandrake - 2014-09-26, 13:33

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay41
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.