[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay
(2014-10-08, 02:04)jyavenard Wrote:
(2014-10-06, 12:01)Memphiz Wrote: I have iOS 8.0.0 and you? Also i only tested on osx (10.9.5) for now. Which platform are you trying?

iOS 8.0.2...
myth was running on 10.9.5 (same deal on 10.10 beta 4).

Device is an iPhone 6.

Works fine with the iPhone 4S running 7.1
Perhaps there is some difference in camera roll video format from an iPhone 6 ?

I've noticed hardware related differences in Airplay from the camera roll before.

I don't recall exactly what version it was but in the iOS 7 time frame, probably around 7.1 we had three different devices running the exact same iOS version - an iPhone 5S, iPad 3 and an iPad Mini with retina.

Two of them could send locally recorded (from the back camera) video from the camera roll to the then current version of XBMC but one could not. Playback would not start - similar to what you're describing. Unfortunately I don't remember which device failed.

At the time my assumption was that because the different devices all record video at different resolutions there must have been something about the format of the actual mov file itself that xbmc didn't like...

So until we have another iPhone 6 user to test for us I'm suspecting it could be iPhone 6 specific, as I can't reproduce the same issue on an iPad 3 on either Windows or Mac OS.

I'm not willing to "upgrade" any of our other devices around the house to iOS 8 yet - too buggy even with 8.0.2. I'm planning to get an iPhone 6 to replace my ageing and failing 3GS but that won't be until November/December.

Is there anyone else reading this thread with an iPhone 6 / 6 plus who could try Memphiz's test build and test playing video from the camera roll please ?
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay - by DBMandrake - 2014-10-08, 10:29

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay41
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.