[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay
(2014-10-28, 22:24)Blacksus Wrote: Thanks for the builds ! Airplay works fine now @ iOS 8.1. There is one issue though that I'd like to ask here about which is not iOS 8 only.
It's about Apps that live stream US sports like the NFL Gamepass, NBA Gametime, NHL Gamecenter.
They Airplay fine, even on iOS 7. But after like 5 minutes they just stop. I get trown back to the homescreen of XBMC without any error and after a few seconds it continues playing on the iDevice. I believe it might be something like a token that expires and isn't updated in XBMC ?
I'll edit a log of it here later on.
I think a few weeks back it worked fine for hours.

I dont know where else to ask about this, so I'll just post it here. It's really frustrating sometimes Sad

As pointed out in multiple threads already this has nothing to do with airplay. Its the internal player of XBMC/Kodi which doesn't support timed cookies. Its a known issue and our player developer is mia so don't expect a fix from inside of the team. (to clarify - playing the URL directly in XBMC/Kodi by using a strm file would result in the same miss-behavior without airpaly beeing even involved...).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Messages In This Thread
RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay - by Memphiz - 2014-10-29, 13:18
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay1