• 12(current)
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay
Hello,

I'm very intrested in the airplay feature on XBMC for linux (gentoo).
I installed the current git master version but I don't get any airplay device visible on my iphone 5s with ios8.1.

Please tell me which git I have to install to use the current airplay version for kodi 14 or xbmc 13.2-x.
For me it is helpfull to get the git adress.
Additional I would like to know if I have to enable any special configuration before I do compile kodi?

Thanks
kaminkehrer
you need to have avahi running and the avahi dev package - basically you need the build depends as stated in our readmes here:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ADME.linux

and this is the right code to use:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/master (current mainline)

This is nearly offtopic imo because this will end in an discussion on how to compile kodi correctly on linux *i fear*.

Also you need to enable the airplay target in system->services->airplay inside of kodi.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-10-27, 12:07)Memphiz Wrote: Ha that testbuild is missing the srcvers by accident if you ask me. DBMandrake can you verify that this change really speeds up video target detection?

Do the latest nightlies still support airplay.xml ? If so I could test with and without srcvers.
airplay.xml was never introduced into mainline because it was to hacked up.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-10-27, 12:07)Memphiz Wrote: Ha that testbuild is missing the srcvers by accident if you ask me. DBMandrake can you verify that this change really speeds up video target detection?
I'll try it without the srcvers this weekend and report back.

I also have an iPhone 6 now so can test with that as well.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
Just to be sure : Yet, only streaming music and photos works over airplay with iOS8(.1) ?

I've just read about the "Pangu Jailbreak" for iOS8. Is it possibly to take the full advantage of airplay after jailbreaking ? (means playing videos from the device, or youtube, mirroring, photos, music..)
No, jail breaking makes no difference Sad think I might have to buy an Apple TV unless someone comes up with a way to downgrade to ios7
Before you buy an ATV only for this purpuse, why don't you try airserver. It has a free trial and is supposed to work together with Kodi.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
It doesn't support video from what I can tell.
(2014-11-01, 12:45)Rumik Wrote: It doesn't support video from what I can tell.

Sure it does. Even supports mirroring. Works flawless.

I only have a minor issue of regaining control of Kodi. As long as you use a mouse, this is not an issue as it is as issue as one click of a mouse. If you are on remote only, it may be more complicated. There may be someone who has an idea how to solve this issue though.

Let me add though that it would be highly preferred to have video fully working again natively with Kodi. Much more prefered to have an all-in-one solution!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Memphiz, thank you again for all your work on keeping AirPlay support in Kodi.
using the ios 6 spotify app fixed airplay using spotify under ios7 for me.

if you remove the spotify app then go search for it on the app store, youll find spotify for ios 6 a little ways down the results.
Hello,

I've installed kodi in the current version today.
It works fine on my gentoo Linux system.

Thanks!

But airplay will not work for me.
I can't see any airplay device on my iphone 5s with IOS 8.1.

If I start the xbmc 13.2 on the same system I can see the airplaydevice and I can playback music but no video.
If I start kodi 14 instead of xbmc 13.2 I can't see the airplay device on my iphone at all.

I currently have no idea why I can see the airplay device at xbmc 13.2 and not on kodi alpha from today.
AVAHI deamon is running.

Is there any other requirement that I have to fulfill?

Thanks for the great work at all.

Regards
kaminkehrer
nope - debug log (wiki)
Hello,

I've installed kodi 14beta2 for windows on my Windows 8.1 system, but airplay doesn't work.
I test differents apps on my iphone 6 IOS 8.1 :
netflix apps : nothing happen when i switch to kobi airplay
youtube : nothing happen when i switch to kobi airplay
other video apps : kobi play video, i have no sound and a black screen with noise video.
default apple video apps : only sound
I have the same problem with the last openelec.

my debug log :
kodi.log - 102 KB

Any idea ?

thank for your work
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay1