• 18(current)
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay
hi just upgrade to kodi from fresh start
doing all the settings but i get failed to start
debug log shows

21:06:37 T:5728 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
21:06:41 T:6060 ERROR: Failed to start AirTunes Server

is theresomething i can do or just pass by this?
thx in advance
debug log (wiki) - which operating system are u using?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I wanted to airplay from my Ipad that got v8. I manage to see my Kodi on the ipad. And when i send over i get "loading" in Kodi. Then after a short while it just goes back, like nothing happened.

Any idea why? Or is this something that just doesn't work under ios8?
I experienced that Airplay only works if you wait until Kodi has the Screen symbol in front of it (together with the mirroring option).
Can you elaborate on "Kodi has the Screen symbol in front of it " What does that mean? Where would it appear. Might be a dumb question, but guess I am dumb :-)
(2015-01-07, 15:49)XaserIII Wrote: Hi Memphiz,

spot on. It seems that neither network-interface (ETH / WLAN) is up before the AirPlay Service. After Reenabling Airplay however, it works fine.

Here's another debug log: http://pastebin.com/tj5vsuB0
Procedure: Enable Debugging - Reboot - Try to Playback via AirPlay - (not working) - dis/enable Airplay - Try to Playback via Airplay - (now working) - disable debugging - copying debug log.

I once saw an option somewhere in the settings which said something like "wait for network devices before starting Kodi" but I can't find it anymore.

Thanks!

I seem to have the exact same problem! To bad I don't run openelec so I can't fix this. Let's hope for an airplay/kodi fix Smile
try to enable wol as described her

http://kodi.wiki/view/Wake_on_LAN#Basic_setup

should have a similar effect
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Hi All,

Does Airplay mirroring work now on Kodi?

Thanks
no - will never work
Thanks for your quick reply..
Do you think youtube will work? when I send youtube video to Kodi, Nothing happens.
only if you DON'T use the official youtube.app (which locked us out...)
Normally I use youtube's 'history' or 'play later' feature to send video to kodi. No need for airplay or any type of mirrorring. Have to login youtube.
I'm running kodibuntu and trying to airplay from IOS 8 will one of those fixes correct the video airplay issue?
U guys know about gamebox? Is a good soluttion for airplay and airplay mirroring but is close-source could we get in a future update of kodi this funcionality?
Hello,

I would like to tell everybody that I finally found an IOS application that can share video and audio to Kodi (14.2 Helix Windows) with airplay on an IOS 8.3 Apple Iphone. Sadly the app is no longer available in iTunes, I downloaded it many month ago but tried just now.

Information about the app:
http://lifehacker.com/tuner-turns-youtub...1541378269
http://www.macstories.net/reviews/tuner-...ic-player/

I did an iTunes sync to gather the .ipa file, I can share it if someone would like to try it.
(I'm new at the forum, first I will check the rules about sharing stuff, if you need the file please send me private message)

Cheers,
mind12
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay1