• 19(current)
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay
That's really awesome to hear. That's the 2nd app that I've heard of, which is still able to send YouTube content across.
(2015-05-01, 00:08)mind12 Wrote: Hello,

I would like to tell everybody that I finally found an IOS application that can share video and audio to Kodi (14.2 Helix Windows) with airplay on an IOS 8.3 Apple Iphone. Sadly the app is no longer available in iTunes, I downloaded it many month ago but tried just now.

Information about the app:
http://lifehacker.com/tuner-turns-youtub...1541378269
http://www.macstories.net/reviews/tuner-...ic-player/

I did an iTunes sync to gather the .ipa file, I can share it if someone would like to try it.
(I'm new at the forum, first I will check the rules about sharing stuff, if you need the file please send me private message)

Cheers,
mind12

(2015-05-01, 23:46)PantsOnFire Wrote: That's really awesome to hear. That's the 2nd app that I've heard of, which is still able to send YouTube content across.

I tested the app yesterday. I'm satisified with it, the only annoyance is that when I play a saved playlist the next track doesn't start automatically. Maybe because I switched off automatic playback at Kodi?
Hi guys,
anybody know if there are any improvements with airplay situation on Android in latest releases?
Yes i know that there are no improvements for android (and there won't be any ever as of the looks).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
The Nplayer app will happily send video to Kodi on the Amazon Fire. Like others have said, it's tricky though. You have to make sure the option to mirror the screen is deselected (not green). The trouble is the option disappears and won't come back unless you reboot your iPad/iPhone, and maybe the Fire. If you're having trouble connecting, and just getting audio, try manually closing any background apps and rebooting everything.

If you're looking for something to Airplay audio from a Windows PC to Kodi, try Tuneblade. It's free and couldn't be simpler to get going:

http://tuneblade.com
(2015-05-13, 11:47)Memphiz Wrote: Yes i know that there are no improvements for android (and there won't be any ever as of the looks).

Then why is it even offered on Android? People just waste their time trying to use it...
New year new problem...
I can select Kodi on iOS 9 but Kodi doesn't even do anything, nothing about AirPlay in the log. Of cause I can offer any Wireshark logs or what's needed.
Kodi 15 on:
Kodibuntu with Ubuntu 14.04 (self compiled), Mac OS X El Capitan, iPhone 6, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Nexus 4.
We'll wait until ios 9 is released for any further investigation (thats what we do since ios 4 even if most of the users here in that very thread don't accept it or find it annoying...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Found an iOS app that would remove the need for Airplay support for (probably) a lot of people: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/play-on-...86143?mt=8

Just tried it though, and it crashes upon launching. Disabling Wifi prevents it from crashing, but once setup, re-enabling Wifi makes it crash again. Anyone aware of any app that does something similar to this? Particularly, any app that uses extensions rather than its own built-in Youtube search UI. Requesting refund on this one for the timebeing.

Edit: got it to work. Just close the app once you set it up, then re-enable Wifi and enable the extension. I have tried it with the ProTube app, works a treat!
(2014-11-17, 22:25)Memphiz Wrote: this is really getting offtopic ... can you open a new thread with your compile issue? (libshairport is not used in current master anymore. You need libshairplay).

Hi,
can't this be specified in ./configuration step?
Right now if i have installed libshairport(debian default) configure enable airplay support in kodi but nothing works.
support of libshairport is gone from master since some month now - we only support libshairplay. Get a proper distribution or compile it yourself. Once again - this is offtopic ...
(2015-07-06, 23:21)Memphiz Wrote: support of libshairport is gone from master since some month now - we only support libshairplay. Get a proper distribution or compile it yourself. Once again - this is offtopic ...

I'm sorry that writes here, but I do not know how to contact you otherwise.
I compiles kodi myself and use code from master branch. If the system includes a package of libshairport-dev kodi settings shows sections of airplay.

So if i only have libshairport-dev package from debian configure returnt "AirPlay support: Yes"

Command "cat config.log |grep -i air" returns
Quote:configure:28585: checking shairplay/raop.h usability
conftest.c:184:28: fatal error: shairplay/raop.h: No such file or directory
#include <shairplay/raop.h>
| #include <shairplay/raop.h>
configure:28585: checking shairplay/raop.h presence
conftest.c:151:28: fatal error: shairplay/raop.h: No such file or directory
#include <shairplay/raop.h>
| #include <shairplay/raop.h>
configure:28585: checking for shairplay/raop.h
configure:28592: == Could not find libshairplay. ==
ac_cv_header_shairplay_raop_h=no
SHAIRPLAY_SONAME=''
USE_AIRPLAY='1'
USE_AIRTUNES='0'
guys do you want to drive me crazy or what? - stop polluting this thread and post your build issue on a new thread. What is so damn hard to do that? I read everything airplay related so noone needs to know "how to contact me".

One last time - shairport is not shairplay (you need the latter!!) and airplay is not airtunes (shairplay is for airtunes - libplist is for airplay).

You need AirTunes and AirPlay support when using ios devices with ios newer then 5.0 (with older versions airplay and airtunes can be used independently...)
I've got iOS beta9 on my phone, the new public one and AirPlay doesn't work (it sits there "playing" but no sound comes out) - - just trying a podcast.
Mind you, I've never tried it before either, so............. it could be anything? Anyone else got it working on iOS 9?
This is exactly the problem I have with my iOS 9 devices too so there is no solution for now.
As @Memphiz already said, there will be no solution until iOS 9 is officially released as Apple could do changes until then.
Kodi 15 on:
Kodibuntu with Ubuntu 14.04 (self compiled), Mac OS X El Capitan, iPhone 6, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Nexus 4.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay1