Watched status not syncing across clients
(2014-07-10, 13:01)scarecrow420 Wrote: So I've just been perusing the XBMC code and I actually found that the XBMC PVR API DOES have a function call for storing watched status in the backend! It is confusingly called RecordingsPlayCount but essentially a play count of more than 0 would mean it's been watched. We don't currently support this XBMC PVR capability in our addon (not sure why we missed it) but we can add support for it in the next version of pvr.wmc and ServerWMC (and then MB3 can also call it if they want)

Fantastic! And I'll respond to your other post shortly, but adding that enhancement would be great.

(2014-07-10, 04:53)scarecrow420 Wrote: What is your setup? are you running with shared MySQL database? Do your watched status NEVER sync or just not sync immediately?

Also can you tell me if you have a client running on same server as ServerWMC or only remote clients? Reason I ask is that if XBMC stores watched status according to file path, we give a local client the local path and a remote client the smb:// path which would mean they are 2 separate entries in XBMC database. This doesnt matter for resume info, since that is explicitly handled through calls t othe PVR backend but it would affect watched status I think. I have long thought we should provide consistent smb:// paths to all clients local and remote, however that does meant that simple users with basic setups (local client only) need to configure shares and permissions which is a higher barrier of entry to getting ServerWMC up and running, and one of the good things about ServerWMC is how easily you can get it going for the simple use case...
I am not using a shared database. I have a windows client (which is also my MB3 server and ServerWMC server) running Gotham 13.1, and I have 3 Rpi's running OpenELEC 4.0.7 which is based on Gotham 13.1 too. It seems to NEVER sync across any of those clients.

(2014-07-10, 04:53)scarecrow420 Wrote: In regards to MB3 I dont know specifically how it does things but considering it has one server but multiple clients, assumedly all MB3 clients will already be aware that the recording is watched if that occured within MB3... so presumably you are just talking about sharing that information between XBMC and MB3. We can certainly add a new backend call to set/get watched status and can persist that just as we do the resume position however until XBMC was changed to call this (slow development cycle and reasonably unlikely to be done IMO) you still wouldn't get the information flowing into/out of XBMC. MB3 could possibly infer the episode is watched in XBMC if the stored resume position is close to the end of the file... But that still doesnt help with XBMC knowing what occured on the MB3 side

I have just recently started using MB3 and am all in... it's fantastic (I've used Plex in the past and love the idea of having a central server that services all my need... but I like XBMC better than Plex due to live tv, comskip, etc). So... ideally... to me, it shouldn't matter where I indicate a show is watched... it should keep everything in sync back to WMC (e.g. if I watch a show in MB3, it should update WMC... if I watch a show in WMC, it should update MB3, etc)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Watched status not syncing across clients - by LehighBri - 2014-07-10, 13:40

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watched status not syncing across clients0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.