• 1(current)
Release [BETA] Persona
Persona is a new (WIP) skin for XBMC..

watch gallery

Inspiration has been taken from a number places such as AndroidTV and Windows 8/Metro as well as the work of a few wonderful skinners including (but not limited to) Sranshaft, jurialmunkey, butchababy, Mesoptier, Arcanthur, toyata12303 and more, so a big thank you to you guys for some of the inspiration!

Download:

https://github.com/Eddage/skin.persona/a...master.zip

Changelog:

23/08/2014 - 0.5.1
[FIX] Increased clock width to accommodate amp/pm
[FIX] Removed duplicated button at bottom of home menu customisation window
[FIX] Added a background to selectdialog when home menu customisation window is open
[FIX] Removed PVR from default main menu (will add back when PVR section is coded)

17/08/2014 - 0.5.0
First release

FAQ:

When will the next update be available?
Probably around the end of September/start of October. I started a new job (six week contract) the day after first release and don't imagine doing much coding at the same time. If there are any major bugs that are stopping the skin from functioning then I will try to quickly resolve them but don't expect new features any time soon.

What's with the shortcuts beneath the search bar? Can I change them?
Simply put I ran out of time before releasing. For the next major update these will be completely customisable, but right now the only way to change them would be to edit Home.xml yourself.

How do I get the Games widgets to work?
Unlike movies, tv shows and music there are no built in methods, or even addons, that provide information for Advanced Launcher games. As a work around I've designed a way for you to have a game folder (e.g. pc games) of your choice appear on the home screen. The easiest way to do this is to navigate to the desired folder within Advanced Launcher, bring up the 'view options' and then click on 'Set current folder as widget'. You can also change the widget label and the widget shape (e.g. dvd cases, square cases or rectangular cases).

The home menu isn't showing up?
This is most likely because the script.skinshortcuts dependency isn't installed. Make sure to install the skin (and any future addons) via System > Add-Ons > Install from zip file. This way it will also install all dependencies.

The PVR section is just black? What gives?
I haven't started looking at coding the PVR section yet so this isn't a bug, just massively unfinished!

Bugs/Known Issues:

Looks great!
very cool, Doe it have PVR support?
(2014-07-13, 21:32)stuCONNERS Wrote: very cool, Doe it have PVR support?

Eventually, yes. PVR is the last thing I'm going to code, it's something I've never coded or even used before so will probably take a while.

Nice and clean looking.
Fine work from a fellow Bristolian :-)
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Very clean cant wait for a beta,
Looking good Smile
Looks good. Btw, is your "Skin Breeze" dead ?
Amazing work mate, nice to see you back here!
(2014-07-14, 13:16)barney stinsen Wrote: Looks good. Btw, is your "Skin Breeze" dead ?

I have often thought about diving back into breeze and getting it up to the latest standards, however the fact it was my first attempt at a skin and my coding skills were limited I know that the code is a mess and the thought of going through it all seriously puts me off. Maybe one day...

Been working on the home menu today, every item and sub menu item is customisable (thanks to Unfledged's fantastic shortcuts script). As well as this I've added options to customise the widgets for the movies and tv shows sections...

This is the default movies widgets layout. Recently added as the main focus and latest youtube for the secondary

However if you go into the skin settings you can change them around...

For example here the main widget is recommended movies and the secondary widget shows random movies. So far you can choose between recently added, random, recommended and youtube trailers (although the trailers are only available as a secondary widget).

Similarly, for tv shows the default is recently added and in progress shows

But you can also choose random shows, as seen here in the secondary widget

I plan on adding lots more widget options, now that the content of a list can be filled with ease I will probably do things with certain smart playlists, e.g. in progress films, movie sets, genres, etc and I'll probably try to incorporate some other addons using the extended info script, e.g. trakt trending movies.

Oh, and I also coded another 5 or 6 dialogs and went throught a load of others cleaning a few things up, it's actually coming along quite nicely!

Really cool Eddage!
Looks clean and still has some of the breeze charm Wink

I really like the fact that you can see the widget without having to click into a menu (glanceable?)

Perhaps an option to hide/remove the submenu in favor of a broader main widget space could be nice? I for one don't use a submenu (but i don't know if thats common behaviour Tongue ).

Anyway, good luck with those last pesky dialog boxes Big Grin !
(2014-07-15, 09:46)Smobbo Wrote: Perhaps an option to hide/remove the submenu in favor of a broader main widget space could be nice? I for one don't use a submenu (but i don't know if thats common behaviour Tongue ).

Well, the sub menu is exactly the same width as the secondary widget, so it might be possible to add an option to hide it and add a third widget. Not making any promises for the time being though!

looking nice in general, but for my personal taste the widgets are too close to each other and thus it has this overloaded touch. Your underlying grid doesn't seem to allow for more spaces between areas, so I also have no suggestion on how to possibly improve this.
And it's again just my personal taste, but to me it's a somewhat unlogical/irritating navigation of the main widget. Having to browse the posters while the fanart preview is indicating that you can cycle it directly in that panel (due to the 1 of X pagination) seems a bit odd. The connection between both parts is not really clear out of the box. Maybe it would help if you would highlight the currently active widget area (border or background).
The grid size looks very good on my TV. I am eagerly awaiting the beta for this amazing skin. Thank you for creating!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] Persona11